website statistics

Team Ireland Daily Diary at the Paris 2024 Olympic Games

33 minutes ago, Cosmo Kramer said:

Watched the C-1 final "as live", not knowing the outcome. It really was a great effort, he just barely clipped the last gate with his shoulder, you could see it on the replay, it was so slight but it did happen. It was the difference between seventh and silver. So close.

Dickson/Waddilove appear to have been DQ'd from one of their races after a Spanish protest. Still second but that uses up their discard score. Not sure if they can counter-protest or if that's final.

Even watching it in slow motion its hard to see a definitive touch although I assume the gates have some sort of sensor? Such small margins, must be absolutely gutting to get so close, fantastic performance nonetheless.

Very disappointing regards the sailing, Spain obviously weren't too badly affected by being 'impeded' considering they finished 2nd in the race. Obviously didn't see it as there's no TV coverage but Id bet they chanced their arm throwing in a protest against one of their main medal contenders for something fairly minor and it paid off.

Brilliant stuff from Mona tonight, first swimming medal since Michelle in 1996, was so close between 2nd and 5th so great that she got on the podium, absolutely delighted for her!

This could just be the start of an incredible week.

Wiffen Tuesday 

Harrington Wednesday 

Double Sculls on Thursday 

Lightweight Doubles on Friday 

McClenaghan on Saturday 

And Wiffen again on Sunday

And many others throughout the week as well (including McSharry in the 200). If it goes well this has the potential to be one of the all time great weeks in Irish sport.

Agree, but at this point I'll be surprised if Doyle and Lynch aren't one of the three medal winning crews. Nothing guaranteed but they have looked so comfortable in their two races so far.

For some reason our womens crew are underperforming a tad. I thought thd doubles would make final and the fours to be closer than they were. I’d be very iffy on the womens pair tomorrow. 

I definitely fancy Lynch and Doyle for a medal, and don't think they'll be a million miles off gold, but it's a tight field so will be very little in it so will need to be on it on the day. Women's crews have been very disappointing unfortunately 

Lehane well out of her depth there. That's four boxers knocked out in their first bouts now. Wouldn't have a huge amount of hope for Moorhouse against a French opponent either. We did extremely well to qualify 10, but it's looking like an overachievement to get that many there at this point.