website statistics

[POLL] Do you think the AIN status for Russia and Belarus at Paris Olympics is justified? Road to Paris 2024

[POLL] Do you think the AIN status for Russia and Belarus at Paris Olympics is justified?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the AIN status for Russia and Belarus at Paris Olympics is Justified?

2. 2. Should there have been similar sanctions on Israel?

3. 3. Does the restriction of Russia and Belarus feel unfair ?

• Yes, I feel for the athletes who have been denied a fair opportunity to qualify
    • No
    • I don't care

Fantasy? New Caldedonia is not France, Tibet is not China, Malvinas is not UK. There are invaders, in peace or in violence. Real problem of Russia is doping, especially after Sochi 2014. But is not the only ones. We are still waiting for Fuentes lists (Spain), we are still waiting for disqualify of 24 chinese swimmers

Edited by Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo

On 6/24/2024 at 5:21 PM, mpjmcevoy said:

No, Kalaks are asking for independence. Kalaks are indigenous people in NC, but they are the minority. Your argument is not helped by reliance on such poor analogies.

They are minorities, because France politics sent a lot of French people there to settle and occupy, it makes total sense that the occupying forces are majority.

2 hours ago, Pasolini said:

They are minorities, because France politics sent a lot of French people there to settle and occupy, it makes total sense that the occupying forces are majority.

I fully agree with my fellow portuguese occupying force !

Edited by De_Gambassi

Who knows russians better than us? Sure it is justified 100% for their brutal imperialistic mindset. Hybrid attacks etc also on Poland. But Belarus? I would disagree, it is not their choice and in fact Belarus didn't attack Ukraine. What does it have in common with new caledonia etc? We are talking about war. If ioc would change their policy such entities could have their own teams, Faroe, Guadeloupe etc. Falkland Islands? I'd rather focus on entities having at least 10 federations, maybe 5. Reunion, Curacao, Greenland, not falklands. But both situations are totally different. 

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

To be clear, Ukraine is not a russian colony. This is a sick war, illegal attack with abused and kidnapped kids, tortures etc. Plz do not compare both situations or maybe i should ask about wwii in Poland? This is the same. To be clear 2 - i am 100% for indenpendence of Faroe Islands, Martinique etc if they want to, if not - at least to have their olympic teams. As to Israel, they have been attacked so they have right to answer. If we are to exclude them we have to exclude also Palestine, Iran and Lebanon. Then it would be fair. 

Edited by Pavlo

6 hours ago, Pasolini said:

Civilians are not 'occupying forces', a ridiculous and offensive statement. Or are we expel anyone with some distant portuguese or african blood from Brazil and give it back in toto to its first finders?

43 minutes ago, mpjmcevoy said:

Civilians are not 'occupying forces', a ridiculous and offensive statement. Or are we expel anyone with some distant portuguese or african blood from Brazil and give it back in toto to its first finders?

It doesn't need to be about giving back, but to recognize it.

And specially in regards to New Caledonia, Tahiti and other French forces: how can one expect that a person born in France, tied to France and to a French company, working and living in the island for a few years, hoping to come back to France later, could have a fair saying on the future of the island?

And yeah, @De_GambassiBrazil does a horrible job regarding that.

I think it's naive to think Israel is not attacking Palestine for decades, so for...

But to be honest, I think we are trying to do something a bit naive, which is to hope for peace all over the world and that all people feel represented by governments etc. It is a bit unreal... and reminds me about "Olympism", which is deep down an utopia.

That's why I think we will never really have "one-sided evil", so all these discussions are amazing but don't provide us with real answers. And that's why it shouldn't be a criteria to determine the participation of a NOC in the Olympic Games.

Well i think Israel Palestine problem is more complicated on many fields and is bilateral. Russia just attacked indenpendent Ukraine, i still wouldnt mix all those subjects. Did Belgium pay their price for colonial sins? Both Koreas, China and Taipei, sure...but really Russia Ukraine matters are different. If anyone is looking for similarities it's a Putin propaganda winning. Just imagine Netherlands invading Belgium, brutally. How it is similar to Israel problem? Does it justify consequences to any other nation? Plz, the fact that it happened in eastern Europe does not make it less relevant. This is individual problem of this war, not Israel - Palestine problem.