website statistics

Shooting ESC 25m/50m/300m European Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

5 hours ago, copravolley said:

Rampula from Czech Republic seems to have some kind of mental problem: in another competition in a row, he shoots great in the qualifying rounds but fails in the finals. But thanks to the ranking he will advance to the Olympic Games on 100%.

Unfortunately I have to agree. He has had several opportunities to get the direct quota in the final. Yet, he has always finished as the first below the line who does not get the quota. Hope he has been working with a mental coach. He surely needs that. As if he qualifies via ranking and does the qualification performance in Paris like he did in the competitions this year, he will surely be a medal candidate. And maybe with the pressure he has been feeling lately, it will be hard. Honestly, I hope he makes it. 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Robertino said:

You're right, I thought that all Continental Championships were with more than 15 shooters... But I think that Gambaro will be out even if olympic quota through ranking will be 3: she's sixth and third place is over 1150 poins far...

No, i try to explane.
Quotas by ranking are probably 5.
- one by ranking
- two are returned from oceania (in case olivia cartwright finish over 50th in Munich)
- one is returned from Africa (in case Ahlzaraa Shaban finish over 50th in Munich)
- one is returned from China. China has decided to send Han and Zhang, not Miao).

Now, Gambaro is sixth, but the fifth, Kuharic, has no free spot and have to discard 250 points.
Today, Kuharic have 5178, Gambaro 5040: so, for italian is enough a 44th place, with slovenian not better of 38th. In other way, Gambaro has 7 positions of advantage.
@Robertino @phelps @copravolley

Edited by Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo said:

No, i try to explane.
- one by ranking
- two are returned from oceania (in case olivia cartwright finish over 50th in Munich)
- one is returned from Africa (in case Ahlzaraa Shaban finish over 50th in Munich)
- one is returned from China. China has decided to send Han and Zhang, not Miao).

Now, Gambaro is sixth, but the fifth, Kuharic, has no free spot and have to discard 250 points.
Today, Kuharic have 5178, Gambaro 5040: so, for italian is enough a 44th place, with slovenian not better of 38th. In other way, Gambaro has 7 positions of advantage.

Oh, I understand. Last question: it's sure that :CHN will return quota in 50m and not in 10m? I see that in Munich will be 106 starters in the entry list of 50m rifle 3 positions women...

Edited by Robertino

36 minutes ago, Robertino said:

Oh, I understand. Last question: it's sure that :CHN will return quota in 50m and not in 10m? I see that in Munich will be 106 starters in the entry list of 50m rifle 3 positions women...

https://english.news.cn/20240320/e5e1bf6182b24e75bba2583cde2297ae/c.html yes

56 minutes ago, Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo said:

No, i try to explane.
- one by ranking

@Robertino @phelps @copravolley

Usa also  declining qouta but that will re-allocated within continent .

Just now, Prakash_k said:

Usa also  declining qouta but that will re-allocated within continent .

I think that returned quotas are reallocated from the world ranking that closes on June 9th. I guess not for the same continent unless the quota that has been returned, was earned at the continental championship or continental qualification event. 

I rather wonder how would the quotas be reallocated in other sports if for example someone is not permitted for the games due to doping or being excluded for a reason. So for example, qualification tournament in wrestling or taekwondo. There is a spot on a name, there were usually matches when winner qualifies, the one who loses won't be at the Games. What if the winner is later not permitted to participate in Paris? How would the quota be reallocated? The athlete who lost to him/her while fighting for the quota would get the spot? Or would be from world ranking? 

Is the reallocation process the same as fencing or is it an event by event basis? E.g. a men's 50m rifle quota is returned and is reallocated back to the next best non qualified men's 50m rifle athlete.