website statistics

Wrestling at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

Good for :ALB ! If I remember correctly this leaves Bosnia and Macedonia without a medal from the broader Western Balkans region (ex Yu + Albania)

About the naturalised RU citizens: is this guy in question naturalised as Albania since the beginning of the war?

E.g. :HUN has a wrestler who is from Russia (Ismail Musukaev) who competes for Hungary since 2019, well before the war. And for that matter as far as I know he is not even ethnically Russian (was born in Tatarstan province/region)

Just now, pdr4332 said:

Good for :ALB ! If I remember correctly this leaves Bosnia and Macedonia without a medal from the broader Western Balkans region (ex Yu + Albania)

About the naturalised RU citizens: is this guy in question naturalised as Albania since the beginning of the war?

E.g. :HUN has a wrestler who is from Russia (Ismail Musukaev) who competes for Hungary since 2019, well before the war. And for that matter as far as I know he is not even ethnically Russian (was born in Tatarstan province/region)

:MKD have 2 medals if I am not wrong, last one from Tokyo in Karate

1 minute ago, pdr4332 said:

yeah, he transferred to Albania in 2024

Bring back the 1991 borders

3 minutes ago, hckošice said:

:MKD have 2 medals if I am not wrong, last one from Tokyo in Karate

Ok then I stand corrected, this leaves Bosnia the last Balkan country to medal.

I wonder if Zhamalov can find Uzbekistan on the map 

and Valiev the same with Albania

these guys never even heard of those countries until this year. they couldn't make the Russian team (had nothing to with the war, they couldn't beat Sidakov) and just moved somewhere else. and IOC once again ignored that 3 years rule and let them compete.

and btw, let's not forget in reality Zhamalov lost to Valiev in the QF. he shouldn't be in the final

2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I wonder if Zhamalov can find Uzbekistan on the map 

and Valiev the same with Albania

these guys never even heard of those countries until this year. they couldn't make the Russian team (had nothing to with the war, they couldn't beat Sidakov) and just moved somewhere else. and IOC once again ignored that 3 years rule and let them compete.

and btw, let's not forget in reality Zhamalov lost to Valiev in the QF. he shouldn't be in the final

Sidakov was declined by IOC (and it was obvious they would decline), so both could make a team if federation actually wanted to send a team

Bring back the 1991 borders

Men's Freestyle -74kg
Final Results

:UZB Razambek Salambekovitch JAMALOV

:JPN Daichi TAKATANI

:USA Kyle Douglas DAKE
:ALB Chermen VALIEV

Gold Medal Match

:UZB Ratambek Salambekovitch Jamalov  5 - 0  Daichi Takatani :JPN

Bronze Medal Match

:USA Kyle Douglas Dake  10 - 4 Hetik Cabolov :SRB
:ALB Chermen Valiev  6 - 2 Viktor Rassadin :TJK

Full Brackets HERE

Amouzad's unbelievable performance (which was the best I ever seen from an Iranian wrestler) today made me smile a bit after what happened last night

let's hope Zare doesn't ruin it. this is his gold medal to lose. :pope: