website statistics

Wrestling at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

:RUS Chermen Valiev wins the first ever Olympic medal for :ALB

(I'm normally not the most cynical when it comes to citizenship transfer, but all the :RUS getting naturalized in totally random countries to avoid the sanctions is... ya xD )

Edited by NearPup

1 minute ago, NearPup said:

:RUS Chermen Valiev wins the first ever Olympic medal for :ALB

(I'm normally not the most cynical when it comes to citizenship transfer, but all the :RUS getting naturalized in totally random countries to avoid the sanctions is... ya xD )

they avoid stupid own federation which doesn't let to perform even when IOC allows. everyone knew that russian federation wouldn't send anyone

Bring back the 1991 borders

4 minutes ago, vovanA said:

they avoid stupid own federation which doesn't let to perform even when IOC allows. everyone knew that russian federation wouldn't send anyone

I don't have a problem with the athletes doing it, I'd do the same thing in their situation. Honnestly happy that so many Russian wrestlers found a way to compete anyway.

But I am going to put a bit of an asterix next to this being an :ALB medal given Chermen Valiev seemingly has no real ties to the country.

That being said, fair play for :ALB, I am happy they fianlly have an Olympic medal.

Edited by NearPup