website statistics

Sailing at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

22 minutes ago, MantaRaymarc said:

Kindly open the link below, go to Edit Source if you have an account, edit the article, and publish it. Thank you!

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Sailing_at_the_2024_Summer_Olympics_–_Qualification&oldid=1232942852

Hi, i've edited it

:SVK Team Slovakia :SVK

1 Athlete (1 M + 0 W)

1 Event (1 M + 0 W + 0 X)

:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK

MEN'S

Windsurfing IQ Foil : Róbert Kubín

Róbert Kubín

21 years old, 1st Olympics

(M Windsurfing iQ Foil)

240421_SOF2024_SAILINGENERGY_8553_6175_0

Team Staff

Maciej Dziemanczuk :POL (Team Leader & Coach)

What's the format of the IQFOIL races? from what i gathered , and correct me if i'm wrong (i'm going by world championships videos on youtube). There are 20 races, and like every other olympics you get points for your place, then after the 20 races (is the worst result dropped?) the top 10 are going through, the first one goes straight to final, number 2 and 3 goes to the semi final, and the ones placed 4 to 10 are going to the quarter final, then the top 2 in the quarter are joining the semi, and the top 2 from semi goes into the final, is that in any way correct?

2 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

What's the format of the IQFOIL races? from what i gathered , and correct me if i'm wrong (i'm going by world championships videos on youtube). There are 20 races, and like every other olympics you get points for your place, then after the 20 races (is the worst result dropped?) the top 10 are going through, the first one goes straight to final, number 2 and 3 goes to the semi final, and the ones placed 4 to 10 are going to the quarter final, then the top 2 in the quarter are joining the semi, and the top 2 from semi goes into the final, is that in any way correct?

yes, to all questions (there are 2 scores to be discarded in the 20 preliminary races)

2 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

1 hour ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

The marathon race scored the same?

yes

p.s. in the usual global races, the scores to be scratched are 4: 2 in the first 10 races (qualifiers) and 2 in the last 10 races (final races)

I don't know what they're going to do at the Olympics, given that because of the limited number of athletes make all the races "finals", there's no need to split them in gold, silver, bronze fleet after 10