website statistics

Women's Rugby Sevens Tournament at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

6 minutes ago, MatiReimundo said:

its not that of a upset really, Fiji is like the 7-8 ranked team in the world and China is probably in the 9-10

Behind Australia, Great Britain, New New Zealand, France, United States, Canada, and Ireland?

Also, you wouldn’t say there’s a bit of a gap between the two teams? Even then, the scoreline is surprising. 

Thanks, for some reason I thought the Fijian women were better than they were :d (have to admit I don’t follow much of the HSBC World Series, only France’s men’s matches sometimes because of Dupont)

14 minutes ago, MatiReimundo said:

its not that of a upset really, Fiji is like the 7-8 ranked team in the world and China is probably in the 9-10

On the HSBC series this year, Fiji ranked 6th while China was just promoted to a core team for next season. It's not an Earth shattering upset, but it is an upset. Especially that score. 

14 minutes ago, Josh said:

Behind Australia, Great Britain, New New Zealand, France, United States, Canada, and Ireland?

Also, you wouldn’t say there’s a bit of a gap between the two teams? Even then, the scoreline is surprising. 

Thanks, for some reason I thought the Fijian women were better than they were :d (have to admit I don’t follow much of the HSBC World Series, only France’s men’s matches sometimes because of Dupont)

With Canada and Ireland is very close, almost same level. The thing is that the China team is so strange, they finished the challenger series 17-1 winning all three stages, and in the Madrid finals they defeated :JPN and :ESP (apart from the promotion match). They will probably be a top 6-8 team in the 2024-25 Sevens series at this pace, thats why i dont think its that big of an upset

18 minutes ago, Josh said:

I thought the Fijian women were better than they were

:AUS and :NZL are at the top, then :FRA and :USA, and then the rest

Four more years and this team hasn't improved at all? Okay, the losses to the USA and France were expected, but against Japan this performance is unjustifiable (even with two players less). :wall:

Keep enjoying yourself while Argentina and Colombia don't care about women's rugby.