website statistics

Boxing at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

3 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Nerve-wracking match for Petrova, but crisis averted.  :hairpull:  Very good footwork against a dangerous opponent from :TPE , who won bronze in Tokyo. Still the performance wasn't as smooth, as one would have hoped for. 

Petrova has come with big ambitious ever since Rio 2016 and never manage to achieve them with early loses, so i was fearing the same fate. 

Watched this earlier. Excellent third round by Petrova. The hardest first round possible for her 

55 minutes ago, dodge said:

One of :ZAM OR :CPV  will win a medal in 51kg

Great to see 

:IND Amit Panghal boxed better than :ZAM Chiniyemba 

But referee gave the game to :ZAM with absurd scores.

Lost interest in boxing:spank:

2 hours ago, Roamingrover86 said:

Did you watch Amit v Chinyamba bout? How did you score it as a neutral?

I had it on but wasn't fully focused on it so only saw bits and pieces. Didn't have an issue with Chinyemba winning based on what I saw but I didn't see the full fight so can't really comment on it. I will try to watch it later. There are a few other fights I need to properly rewatch as well.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Ogreman said:

I had it on but wasn't fully focused on it so only saw bits and pieces. Didn't have an issue with Chinyemba winning based on what I saw but I didn't see the full fight so can't really comment on it. I will try to watch it later. There are a few other fights I need to properly rewatch as well.

Please rewatch Perijoc vs mongolian bout and tell me what do you think about the outcome

Edited by zob79

If the lights light up exactly at the correct moment, he was definitely first, since his light went on first. Not sure if those lights are 100% accurate though?

Preeti :IND performed better than Arias  :COL in Women's 54 kg round of 16....

Still referee gave the match to :COL. What is the reason? They bribed the referee or what? :spank:

Posted (edited)

Two of our best boxers: medalists of the World and European Championships lost in the first rounds in Paris and no one even knows why. After all, this sport is sick. What is the point of investing money in such shit? Irma Testa - the current World and European champion was not even seeded here, then she loses 2-3 for some unknown reason. In professional boxing, at least the reigning champion keeps the belt in the event of a draw - it is the challenger who has to show that he is better. And what about this? Some Chinese woman suddenly wins the last round 5-0 out of nowhere? We should cut the financing of this shit to 0% and not bother with it anymore. It is better to invest in tennis or swimming, because even if you lose, you know why and what you did wrong.

Edited by copravolley

Posted (edited)

If Alcaraz and Djokovic lost here in the first rounds, it would be a sensation, but at least everyone would know why. And here? 5 idiots come up with some strange results - everyone see something different and gives a different score. This is a worse parody than figure skating and gymnastics all combined in 100 past years.

Edited by copravolley

1 minute ago, copravolley said:

If Alcaraz and Djokovic lost here in the first rounds, it would be a sensation, but at least everyone would know why. And here? 5 idiots come up with some strange results - everyone sees something different and gives a different score. This is a worse parody than figure skating and gymnastics all combined in 100 past years.

your not wrong, after the rosie eccles screwjob i stopped watching any of the british fighters and boxing will probably end up with breaking as something i will have little interest in for the reminder of the games, the scoring just doesn't cut if for me

4 minutes ago, Olympicsnell said:

your not wrong, after the rosie eccles screwjob i stopped watching any of the british fighters and boxing will probably end up with breaking as something i will have little interest in for the reminder of the games, the scoring just doesn't cut if for me

But if the World Champion is treated like that, what are we talking about? In professional boxing, when Klitschko had a name, he wasn't treated in the ring like some trash. And it seems that some mafia from the East is in charge here and is rigging the results: Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan, China, Philippines, etc. If these idiots ever appear on Italian soil, they should get a slap on the head, and a good one at that. Yes, because this is theft. Someone trains for 4 years, spends money on it, wins medals at the World Championships, European Championships, and then a judge like this - a piece of trash - mows him down in 1 evening.

Edited by copravolley