website statistics

Badminton at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Just now, De_Gambassi said:

?

They probably didn’t fix it earlier, because they knew it might give them a chance to send two pairings instead of one. :dunno:

It was a “mistake” not a mistake. 

Whatever, I’ll just add both :FRA pairings to the list of athletes I’ll be rooting against during the Olympics :cheer:

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

They probably didn’t fix it earlier, because they knew it might give them a chance to send two pairings instead of one. :dunno:

It was a “mistake” not a mistake. 

Whatever, I’ll just add both :FRA pairings to the list of athletes I’ll be rooting against during the Olympics :cheer:

Oh no, they will certainly feel totally devastated...

...it's a mistake by the international federation, not the national one. What would be BWF's interest in doing such an "error" ? The only thing they will get from it, is that they will look like a bunch of amateurs not being able to keeping track of a simple ranking. What a great success for them !

Just now, gilbsh said:

do we already know which group winners in the Men's competition will qualify directly to the quarter finals?

Singles draw is predetermined, and Rd of 16 shall be A vs B, C vs D ... O vs P. But since there are 13 seeds, 3 get byes which are A, E and P winners and B, F and O is blank

Women's single

The only one to see in 1st round would be Tai vs Intanon, as Tai Tzu-Ying has suffered from injury, and Intanon is the strongest among non-seeded players. 

An have to win Akane and Tai Tzu Ying, while Chen need to win He or Sindhu , and Marin. Both of them are tough but An made worse draw. 

Women's doubles

Group A absorbed most of the strong non-seeded players. Liu-Tan, Matsuyama-Shida, and Baek-Lee would easily go to round of 8. Kim-Kong and Kititharakul-Prajongjai would make it either. 

For Group A, China and Japan have most chances.. but I think there could be some upset.

Mixed doubles

Bad for Group C. Not easy to get 2nd place in both group A and D, but good draw for two chinese teams. Group B has two strong teams that could secure round of 8. Who to become the 1st place in Group B would be interesting, as well as every match in group C

5 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Oh no, they will certainly feel totally devastated...

...it's a mistake by the international federation, not the national one. What would be BWF's interest in doing such an "error" ? The only thing they will get from it, is that they will look like a bunch of amateurs not being able to keeping track of a simple ranking. What a great success for them !

I know that, which is why I’m talking about the French badminton federation, and not the BWF :d