website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

Just now, Monzanator said:

Guess :KEN really has a strong support in WA. Zero punishment for all these doping cases and all :lol:

I wrote that for her this silver means nothing and for the Italian the bronze is like gold. In addition, they got her hopes up, and now they are bringing back the Kenyan at night for whom this medal is a defeat.

6 minutes ago, copravolley said:

I wrote that for her this silver means nothing and for the Italian the bronze is like gold. In addition, they got her hopes up, and now they are bringing back the Kenyan at night for whom this medal is a defeat.

that remind me Swiatek - Schmiedlová bronze medal match. Swiatek showing micro-second happy move with one finger after winning that bronze game, this medal will meant to her probably as much as a boiled carrot for me :p while for Schmiedlová and Slovak tennis and sport that would be probably a moment which we would remember for eternity and likely would entered the schools history books.

but what you want, it is how it is. stronger and better always wins, no matter how much it means to them :d

Edited by hckošice

For me, athletics is some kind of fossil. I remember that in 1999 there was such a circus with Mori, that they gave him dsq and then gave it back, but I didn't think that after 25 years it is still happening in the age of technology, VAR and the internet.

Just now, hckošice said:

that remind me Swiatek - Schmiedlová bronze medal match. Swiatek showing mixro-second happy mive with one finger after winning that bronze game, this medal will meant to her probably as much as a boiled carrot for me :p while for Schmiedlová and Slovak tennis and sport that would be probably a moment which we would remember for eternity and likely would entered the schools history books.

but what you want, it is how it is. stronger and better always wins, no matter how much it means to them :d

For me, athletics is some kind of fossil. I remember that in 1999 there was such a circus with Mori, that they gave him dsq and then gave it back, but I didn't think that after 25 years it is still happening in the age of technology, VAR and the internet.

9 minutes ago, copravolley said:

If this dsq was questionable, they shouldn't have given it, and if they did, they didn't give it to reverse it after 1 hour. Are these people serious?

That’s the problem with WA in recent years at least. They are always so quick to DQ instead of taking a bit more time (even an hour) to make a decision and then making one decision and sticking with it. They have made so many bad judgements over the years and also how many times have we seen them make a quick decision and reverse it again. It’s very cruel to athletes. However I’m still glad Kipyegon is reinstated in this case as I think it was stupid to disqualify her in the first place for something which didn’t affect the race outcome.

Edited by OlympicIRL

4 minutes ago, hckošice said:

that remind me Swiatek - Schmiedlová bronze medal match. Swiatek showing mixro-second happy mive with one finger after winning that bronze game, this medal will meant to her probably as much as a boiled carrot for me :p while for Schmiedlová and Slovak tennis and sport that would be probably a moment which we would remember for eternity and likely would entered the schools history books.

It was about the some hopes for Nadia, and now they brutally took her away. Why did you give her this dsq to kill her in 1 hour? What has changed in that time?

Regarding Świątek, it's more about Poland having a terrible Olympics, considering it's such a large and already rich country. That's probably where the joy of the medal comes from. Poland currently has only slightly more medals than Slovakia, which it's 15 times bigger than.

Edited by copravolley

https://www.gazzetta.it/olimpiadi/discipline/atletica/05-08-2024/olimpiadi-parigi-2024-kipyegon-squalificata-nadia-bronzo-nei-5000-metri.shtml

Now Italy has do a protest, lol I don't blame them. The referees should have left the results as they were, then everyone would have accepted the result and it would have been okay.

4 minutes ago, copravolley said:

It was about the some hopes for Nadia, and now they brutally took her away. Why did you give her this dsq to kill her in 1 hour? What has changed in that time?

Regarding Świątek, it's more about Poland having a terrible Olympics, considering it's such a large and already rich country. That's probably where the joy of the medal comes from. Poland currently has only slightly more medals than Slovakia, which it's 15 times bigger than.

Did not speak about Poles in general, I know they are happy with the medal, this is normal, I mean, it woud be strang if they would not :d I spoke about Swiatek herself, her reaction after winning the bronze was quite ... how to say it... well, kinda robotic, like "oh jesus, I am already too late for the plane to be somewhere else, how much more time I have to waste here." Obviously I am exagerating, it was just my impression, :p but nothing against her, she won the medal fairly and fully deserved it, was shocked she did not win gold, but that is another story. However, it was you who brought me this thought. That bronze would likely meant thousand time more for Schmiedlová than it means for Swiatek, so similar to Nadia and Kipyegon.

That´s all. At the end both won their medal fairly and it is how it is.