website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

56 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

We have a 9 day program, yet some genius decided to schedule the 200 m in the morning right after the 100 m was last night. :rolleyes: 

Oh, i got it now. Because we are going to have the Repechage round and they will need to insert another run on the schedule :rolleyes:

Shericka Jackson with the expected DNS for the 200 :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, Dennis said:

I must have missed something. Why is it expected?

She looked somewhat injured in her last meet, then pulled out of the 100m earlier on....didn't think there would be much hope for her to run the 200 now :( 

Hopefully it's not a Kenteris/Thanou kind of story :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Dennis said:

Ah, I didn’t know about the injury. I thought she pulled out of the 100m to fully focus on the 200m

I do think that was the plan, but in the sense that the 100 wouldn't work anyway and she'd focus on being fit enough for the 200..

15 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Ah, I didn’t know about the injury. I thought she pulled out of the 100m to fully focus on the 200m

You can’t do that anymore. Out of one, out of all is the rule, unless you can show some exceptional medical reason.

Edited by Grassmarket