website statistics

Taekwondo OTU Oceanian Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Through the tripartite quota, but I would prefer if other people get it.

He's also eligible to get a taekwondo tripartite quota.

Out of curiousity, what would be the easiest sport for him to qualify in? Is there a summer equivalent (in terms of qualifying) of cross-country skiing before the changes to make it harder/more realistic? I'd guess athletics with the universal quota, but if only one athlete from :TGA is better in the 100m or something, that'd be tough :p 

Of course world rankings in MTB are quite odd that way too I believe, or has that changed by now so athletes can't get high enough anymore solely based on 'easy' races?

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Out of curiousity, what would be the easiest sport for him to qualify in? Is there a summer equivalent (in terms of qualifying) of cross-country skiing before the changes to make it harder/more realistic? I'd guess athletics with the universal quota, but if only one athlete from :TGA is better in the 100m or something, that'd be tough :p 

Of course world rankings in MTB are quite odd that way too I believe, or has that changed by now so athletes can't get high enough anymore solely based on 'easy' races?

For him, it would be judo. All he needs to do is literally show up to one event which awards points and he will qualify to the Olympics.

This is assuming no more Pacific nations decide they too would like a free quota.

1 minute ago, JoshMartini007 said:

For him, it would be judo. All he needs to do is literally show up to one event which awards points and he will qualify to the Olympics.

This is assuming no more Pacific nations decide they too would like a free quota.

For now Oceania has 4 men and 2 women with the quota, but New Zealand has a good shot of qualifying the women directly so would get a 5th male quota. Therefore, women from Oceania, come!!! (or not, because it could help Brazil to go with an extra athlete hahaha)

We will have a Tahiti Open, I imagine many pacific countries will show up and get the 10 quotas

• 4 weeks later...