website statistics

Wrestling UWW European Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

AZE and AIN could gain many quotas.

Upcoming Matches

FS - 57 kg 1/2 Final 262 (MKD) Vladimir EGOROV (5) (AZE) Aliabbas RZAZADE (4)
FS - 57 kg 1/2 Final 263 (BUL) Georgi Valentinov VANGELOV (3) (AIN) Aryan TSIUTRYN (12)
FS - 65 kg 1/2 Final 264 (MDA) Maxim SACULTAN (1) (GEO) Goderdzi DZEBISASHVILI (9)
FS - 65 kg 1/2 Final 265 (AZE) Haji ALIYEV (3) (ALB) Islam DUDAEV (13)
FS - 74 kg 1/2 Final 266 (AZE) Turan BAYRAMOV (1) (ITA) Frank CHAMIZO MARQUEZ (10)
FS - 74 kg 1/2 Final 267 (AIN) Magomedkhabib KADIMAGOMEDOV (16) (SVK) Taimuraz SALKAZANOV (2)
FS - 86 kg 1/2 Final 268 (GEO) Vladimeri GAMKRELIDZE (5) (AIN) Artur NAIFONOV (11)
FS - 86 kg 1/2 Final 269 (UKR) Vasyl MYKHAILOV (17) (AZE) Osman NURMAGOMEDOV (19)
FS - 97 kg 1/2 Final 270 (AIN) Alikhan ZHABRAILOV (6) (UKR) Illia ARCHAIA (4)
FS - 97 kg 1/2 Final 271 (POL) Radoslaw BARAN (3) - INJURED (AIN) Aliaksandr HUSHTYN (12)
FS - 125 kg 1/2 Final 272 (POL) Kamil Tomasz KOSCIOLEK (5) (AIN) Dzianis KHRAMIANKOU (4)
FS - 125 kg 1/2 Final 273 (BUL) Alen KHUBULOV (10) (AZE) Giorgi MESHVILDISHVILI (2)

3 minutes ago, Adriano said:

Baran in -97kg is injured - quota for AIN. :(

ah , that's a shame :(, he was in too much pain after the match but I was hoping maybe he can recover for the evening session , it sucks big time to get injured in a match you won by superiority :facepalm:

he looked very good, I would considered him the favorite vs Hushtyn

Poland still has a chance at 125kg, I missed this guy in my review mostly because I was looking for the other Baran, but he beat Ligeti handily. Belarusian will be the favorite but only slightly IMO

Edited by MHSN

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

ah , that's a shame :(, he was in too much pain after the match but I was hoping maybe he can recover for the evening session 

he looked very good, I would considered him the favorite vs Hushtyn

Poland still has a chance at 125kg, I missed this guy in my review mostly because I was looking for the other Baran, but he beat Ligeti handily. Belarusian will be the favorite but only slightly IMO

Other Baran could start in second tournament (it was an idea in this category).

For me Baran in -97kg should not be involved in this kind of situation during winning 9-0. (it was a chance to end this fight quicker). During second tournament we will have Baranowski. (But chance for quota was so big here). I am afraid of not having polish male wrestler at OG. 

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

if Chamizo continues to wrestle like this, he is not going to win a quota today (or maybe he is saving energy ?:dunno:)

his counter attacks are still deadly but you can't count on that too much against better wrestlers.

few more "favorites" like Zhabrailov or H. Aliyev struggled in their first matches. we might see some big names falling today

How do you see Chamizo chances against Bayramov in 1/2?

50 minutes ago, copravolley said:

How do you see Chamizo chances against Bayramov in 1/2?

hard to tell, none of them impressed me today, interestingly both of them relied on counter attacks to score points, so I expect a low scoring tactical match which will be in Chamizo's favor because he is smarter. :d I think Bayramov's strategy will determine the winner, let's see if he falls in Chamizo's trap or not.

I think it's 51/49 for Chamizo

1 hour ago, Adriano said:

Other Baran could start in second tournament (it was an idea in this category).

For me Baran in -97kg should not be involved in this kind of situation during winning 9-0. (it was a chance to end this fight quicker). During second tournament we will have Baranowski. (But chance for quota was so big here). I am afraid of not having polish male wrestler at OG. 

yeah that was stupid of him to try actions like this when he was leading comfortably. the match could end comfortably in the first period. 

regarding the last chance qualifier, when we talk about men's freestyle it's only about Europe and Asia (plus couple of American wrestlers at 57 and 65) I can have a better idea about the possible favorites after the Asian qualifier but I think 97kg and 125kg won't be that strong in Turkey. everything is possible with 3 quotas available there. you still have a chance in 3 heavier weights

hopefully we won't have to send anybody there :d but I know that's wishful thinking

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

yeah that was stupid of him to try actions like this when he was leading comfortably. the match could end comfortably in the first period. 

regarding the last chance qualifier, when we talk about men's freestyle it's only about Europe and Asia (plus couple of American wrestlers at 57 and 65) I can have a better idea about the possible favorites after the Asian qualifier but I think 97kg and 125kg won't be that strong in Turkey. everything is possible with 3 quotas available there. you still have a chance in 3 heavier weights

hopefully we won't have to send anybody there :d but I know that's wishful thinking

I see some big names from Europe still in this weights:

-87kg GEO / AIN Naifonov, AZE/UKR, Kurugliev (GRE), Makoev (SVK), Gocen (TUR), Ramazanov (BUL), Magamadov (FRA) + Sharipov (BRN)

-97kg Baitcaev (Hungary), UKR/Zharabraiov, maybe Honis (ITA) + IRI/KAZ & ARM

-125kg- Ligeti (Hungary), Conyedo (Italy), BUL/AZE, UKR,  + KGZ/CHN/UZB

16 hours ago, copravolley said:

The federation has probably bet everything on judo, which shows good results and prospects. Italian sport is underfunded and that's why sometimes you have to make difficult choices. I once saw Coni's calculations that less money is invested in Italian sport than in the 1990s. Without money, there will be no good coaches and modern training methods, unfortunately. Junior successes are important but they do not matter if it doesn`t translate into good results in seniors.

I think that funding is more than enough, especially compared with so many Nations that don't have anything but fractions of what we have and still manage to win bunch of medals at any level

imho, we just don't have knowhow and attitude (and maybe we're a bit short in terms of youngsters practicing the sport, but this doesn't stop our success in other disciplines, so I don't consider that a key factor)

4 hours ago, Andry84 said:

Any streaming for today??

the same as yesterday, I guess

Bulgarian TV (online with a vpn) and Turkish TV (no idea if it was actually working without vpn or not when wrestling started)

the links are a couple of pages behind