website statistics

Taekwondo ETU European Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

54 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Where did you read about that? 

So let me add Larin to the list. He was "qualified" for the Olympics earlier.

At this video he was promoting crowdfunding campaign for russian army as an Olympic Champion. World Taekwondo suspended him for several months. They think it is enough to punish Larin for helping to kill Ukrainians.

So with beeing under real pressure IOC is stil capable of scratching all of them from the Olympics. So 3rd places at qualifing tournament still can worth something.

8 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

Wait, so you wanna that they can participate doubles as Neutral athletes? So lets say, that mixed doubles pair could easily be for example :BLR Aryna Sabalenla and :RUS Andrey Rublev ?? 😳😳

There is no clarification on this. But all this looks like a bargain between the IOC and russians.

18 minutes ago, Dnl said:

Any place to get the results from the not broadcasted mat?

The only relatively fast is their official Telegram Channel https://europetaekwondo.org/ (top right corner)

Edited by avlar

24 minutes ago, Dnl said:

Any place to get the results from the not broadcasted mat?

if you wonder about the :ISR guys the national federation published thier results on instegram (nimrod won, dima lost) 

This whole situation with Russians participating is complicated. 
I personally think they should be banned, on the other hand the west (of which I am part) is the only one setting the rules and not being consistent. Or does anyone believe there could be sanctions against US or any EU country independent of what they do? 

I am afraid the west and Ukraine have to accept that large part of the world is neutral when it comes to this war. I am sure if we ask all countries to vote about banning Russia the outcome would be in favor of Russia. 

also no one raised a question if those athletes expressing support for the war did it with free will. If your choice is posting a video or ending up in a gulag I guess we all would do the same. 

3 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

I personally think they should be banned, on the other hand the west (of which I am part) is the only one setting the rules and not being consistent. Or does anyone believe there could be sanctions against US or any EU country independent of what they do? 

I am afraid the west and Ukraine have to accept that large part of the world is neutral when it comes to this war. I am sure if we ask all countries to vote about banning Russia the outcome would be in favor of Russia. 

also no one raised a question if those athletes expressing support for the war did it with free will. If your choice is posting a video or ending up in a gulag I guess we all would do the same. 

I understand of this point but i do not like this hypocrisy. When on one hand they said it is not allowed to compete athletes which support war and on the other hand, they allow it them.

And why they were banned in beginning? What is different now that in beginning?

By the way how these athletes were tested on doping? So they have another excusion? Russia where there are doping organizated by country? Everybody forget about it too?

I will probably change my mind and instead of support of athletes and countries, i will support sport federations which fight against it as athletics, biathlon,...

28 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

I am afraid we will have Gulag everywhere with this way.

Russians use core principles of democracy against us. Democracy needs voting. But it is important: who votes. If we look through the reports from the meetings of FIE (interhational fencing federation - one of the most pro-russian IF) we can see that russian position is supported during discussion by a lot of countries which do not have fencing traditions and rarelt send a lot of fencers to the international tournaments. Some of this national federations do not exist really - their contact e-mail boxes answer with something like "this address do not exist". But their votes are the same as the votes from others.

That is a general russian approach (in sports, politics e t.c.): they strengthen marginal groups (fat-rights, far-lefts, neo-nazi, nominal national sport federations e t.c.) to make their influence unproportionally high (with the help of money, media resources e t.c.). It undermines the result of the voting is which expected to represent balance of the oppinions. By the way, they used it in IPC to allow russians to take part in the Paralympics.

Let me show once again this famous photo from pro-war meeting with russian athletes. We can see that some of them have Z-s on their uniform and some of them do not have. So they at least had a choice - to were Z or not.

image.jpeg

18 minutes ago, avlar said:

I am afraid we will have Gulag everywhere with this way.

Russians use core principles of democracy against us. Democracy needs voting. But it is important: who votes. If we look through the reports from the meetings of FIE (interhational fencing federation - one of the most pro-russian IF) we can see that russian position is supported during discussion by a lot of countries which do not have fencing traditions and rarelt send a lot of fencers to the international tournaments. Some of this national federations do not exist really - their contact e-mail boxes answer with something like "this address do not exist". But their votes are the same as the votes from others.

That is a general russian approach (in sports, politics e t.c.): they strengthen marginal groups (fat-rights, far-lefts, neo-nazi, nominal national sport federations e t.c.) to make their influence unproportionally high (with the help of money, media resources e t.c.). It undermines the result of the voting is which expected to represent balance of the oppinions. By the way, they used it in IPC to allow russians to take part in the Paralympics.

Let me show once again this famous photo from pro-war meeting with russian athletes. We can see that some of them have Z-s on their uniform and some of them do not have. So they at least had a choice - to were Z or not.

image.jpeg

Strongly disagree with your statement regarding voting. Wtf. 
why croatias vote should be more worth than Congo (just as an example), just because we don’t like their vote. 
that is not democracy what you are proposing. Sorry mate you are just wrong. 

2 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

Strongly disagree with your statement regarding voting. Wtf. 
why croatias vote should be more worth than Congo (just as an example), just because we don’t like their vote. 
that is not democracy what you are proposing. Sorry mate you are just wrong. 

No. no, I do not mean votes should not be equal, of course. I just explined how russians use the fundamental principles of democracy to undermine it from the inside.