website statistics

Slalom Canoeing CAC African Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

K 1 W : :ALG / :RSA

Not enough entries. Bouzidi :ALG gets the quota through continental reallocation via 2023 world ranking, as there are three competitors from Africa in this event.

Oceania's continental place now goes to :CHN 

3 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

C1 W : 0 Entries Africa

:NED should get this quota, but I suspect they will reject it, so it may end up going to :AUT 

1 minute ago, mrv86 said:

Not enough entries. Bouzidi :ALG gets the quota through continental reallocation via 2023 world ranking, as there are three competitors from Africa in this event.

Oceania's continental place now goes to :CHN 

:NED should get this quota, but I suspect they will reject it, so it may end up going to :AUT 

can the Cook Islands benefit from a wild card? Will we know the quotas tomorrow?

Just now, Benolympique said:
can the Cook Islands benefit from a wild card? Will we know the quotas tomorrow?

Men quotas will be decided tomorrow, but I think you'll have to wait a couple of weeks before the reallocation process is complete.

1 minute ago, mrv86 said:

Men quotas will be decided tomorrow, but I think you'll have to wait a couple of weeks before the reallocation process is complete.

the Comoros are well on their way to the quota

Edited by Benolympique

10 hours ago, mrv86 said:

It seems both women quota will be reallocated due to a lack of competitors, with :ALG taking K1, as there are other 2 countries in the ranking from Africa in that event.

It might also depend how the ICF applies that rule. If Algeria is still considered unqualified, then there are 3 athletes attendance.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

57 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

It might also depend how the ICF applies that rule. If Algeria is still considered unqualified, then there are 3 athletes attendance.

Algeria is qualified, their NOC already celebrated the reallocation of the quota.

So, if Im not mistaken, the quota should go to the first african in the K1 ranking if there are three or more in the rankings.

image.png

So, women's K1 should go to :RSA cause there are :MAR:GUI athletes in the World Ranking too.

There are no enough africans in the women's C1 nor in the continentals or the ranking, so the quota goes to the next in line athlete in the world rankings, :AUT WOLFFHARDT Viktoria

Wikipedia gives the Men's K1 quota to :TUN, but I don't know where it comes. Last thing I saw Tunisia, Comoros and Kenia move to semi finals but I haven't seen those results.

So, as a recap:

Men's C1: :SEN

Women's C1: reallocated to :AUT WOLFFHARDT Viktoria

Men's K1: TBD

Women's K1: reallocated to :RSA BRONKHORST Chantal

11 minutes ago, Jur said:

Wikipedia gives the Men's K1 quota to :TUN, but I don't know where it comes. Last thing I saw Tunisia, Comoros and Kenia move to semi finals but I haven't seen those results.

here are the results for K1 (M) semifinals
GGCxJJiWwAAfHBe?format=png&name=large

source: live results FFCK