website statistics

Swimming 2024 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, Biathlonfan said:

What did he intefere with though,the guy who's lane he fell into had already finished the race

Yeah, but other swimmers were still racing. The rule is that everyone has to finish, isn’t it? Wasn’t there a DQF in an Olympic Relay for this? Sydney 2000? I’d have thought that any 1500m swimmer would learn the rules at about age 9.

9 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Yeah, but other swimmers were still racing. The rule is that everyone has to finish, isn’t it? Wasn’t there a DQF in an Olympic Relay for this? Sydney 2000? I’d have thought that any 1500m swimmer would learn the rules at about age 9.

the example i read was 2001 world championships where the Australian women's relay team got dq because they all jumped into the pool right after winning as other teams were still racing, which sounds like a different thing,not to mention way more of an impact,and way more disruptive to a race,so i get the dq in that case.

Edited by Biathlonfan

It's whatever honestly, better this happened to him now than at a more important time,i just gagged at comments,about how this was apparently a white persons problem,or ''he knows how poc athletes feel now' as if black swimmers experience this all the time,people are just  dumb 

9 hours ago, Biathlonfan said:

the example i read was 2001 world championships where the Australian women's relay team got dq because they all jumped into the pool right after winning as other teams were still racing, which sounds like a different thing,not to mention way more of an impact,and way more disruptive to a race,so i get the dq in that case.

Yeah, that might be the one.  But I’ve noticed that in 1500m since those days, no-one even gives their neighbour a handshake until all racers are finished - a long time in the heats!.

Posted (edited)

TYR Pro Swim Series Westmont Psych Sheets: https://swimswam.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/2024-pss-westmont-pre-scratch-psych-sheet.pdf

All sessions will be live-streamed on the USA Swimming app, free of charge. Wish they would just stream it on YouTube though. 

@Topicmaster1010 @dullard

Edited by Josh

2 hours ago, Josh said:

TYR Pro Swim Series Westmont Psych Sheets: https://swimswam.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/2024-pss-westmont-pre-scratch-psych-sheet.pdf

All sessions will be live-streamed on the USA Swimming app, free of charge. Wish they would just stream it on YouTube though. 

@Topicmaster1010 @dullard

For the Knoxville meet it was possible to get url of the underlying YouTube stream from the USA Swimming app so hopefully it's the same again.

On 2/29/2024 at 12:54 AM, Grassmarket said:

Counter arguement 

Looks like the US has found their distance superstar of the future.

Yesterday, Luka Mijatovic swam 1:49.63 in the 200m freestyle, to break the National Age Group Record and the Australian Age Group Record set by Ian Thorpe. 

He also swam 4:24.20 in the 400m IM to break Michael Phelps's National Age Group Record. Also owns the National Age Group Records in the 400m, 800m and 1500m freestyle.