website statistics

Track Cycling 2024 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

13 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

The Australian track bike from Paris cost around $100,000 so their budget would seem to be pretty healthy in the grand scheme of things

Yeah, funding is not the argument to make here. Hindes from Germany was a better example of that. The guy clearly had 'split loyalties' pretty much all along - he moved aged 9, so he already probably had some small sense of identity (football support etc) before he moved, he was clearly thinking of moving 'back' as it were as early as 19. Having a GB girlfriend has probably just made all the bits fit for now - he wants to be with her, he's automatically entitled to pull on GB vest, he was harbouring feelings about it anyway. Frankly it was pretty decent of him to see out the cycle with Oz and give them a good return in two cycles.

5 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Banned? He should be executed! He's a traitor to his King!

I believe His Majesty the King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland will perhaps suggest mercy to His Majesty the King of Australia. His Mjaesty the King of Canada may wish to intercede at some point, I wonder if he has the other Kings' numbers...

It’s interesting that you believe the problem is with the countries that people wish to move to, and not with the countries that some are desperate to leave

None of this is relevant to an English born Australian returning to represent his native country of course 

7 hours ago, rajiv said:

I'm against dual citizenship -that should be obvious .Many countries and many people are.

As for Europe and Europeans  and my alleged antipathy to same:

it is very predictable that a number of European countries will have non ethnic European majorities in the lifetimes of many people here.So the non Europeans will win( in the historical sense)

Don't  really understand, by the way, why fluid nationality ,diversity and multiculturalism rather than Western culture are so popular among Europeans .Europeans seem very keen on cultural suicide.They will get their wish.

"Don't  really understand, by the way, why fluid nationality ,diversity and multiculturalism rather than Western culture are so popular among Europeans"

I bet you don't.

Aussies think they have a two year veto.  However, I doubt this would apply universally, because in events like the Nations Cup sponsored teams are allowed to compete, even though such teams are often very thinly disguised - the Home Team's National U-23 team riding in the name of the team bike manufacturer or whatever. 

Matt Richardson: Cyclist could face two-year ineligibility period after GB switch, say AusCycling - BBC Sport