website statistics

Athletics 2024 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

1 hour ago, mrv86 said:

Heartbreak for :MEX Tonatiuh Lopez last night… he recorded a 1:44.71 in 800m, a season best; yet one second short of the required Olympic mark :(

There are always a few invitation places available, but I'm sure he doesn't want to count on that. 

Posted (edited)

Good news - :thumbup: absolutely dozens of good European meets going to be streamed FTA on the European Athletics YT Channel in the run-up to the Olympics.  Here's the full list, starting off with some :GRE meets in the next day or two.

European Athletics to offer extensive World Athletics Continental Tour streaming in 2024 | European Athletics (european-athletics.com)

Edited by Grassmarket

3 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Good news - :thumbup: absolutely dozens of good European meets going to be streamed FTA on the European Athletics YT Channel in the run-up to the Olympics.  Here's the full list, starting off with some :GRE meets in the next day or two.

European Athletics to offer extensive World Athletics Continental Tour streaming in 2024 | European Athletics (european-athletics.com)

great news!

Tomorrow in Athens at the Filathlitikos Kallitheas International Jumping Meeting, :ITA Larissa Iapichino will make her outdoor debut in 2024

moreover, always Tomorrow, on the Italian TV (also online on Raiplay, most likely with Italian VPN), the Savona International Meet is scheduled at 3.45 p.m. CET with many Italian and International good athletes on stage (shot putter :ITA Leonardo Fabbri above all)

meet preview (in Italian, but google is always helping us ;))

https://www.oasport.it/2024/05/atletica-meeting-di-savona-stellare-furlani-e-fabbri-vogliono-volare-debuttano-simonelli-e-dosso-ce-sibilio/

TV/online broadcast link

https://www.raiplay.it/guidatv?channel=rai-sport&date=15-05-2024

more news...

:ITA 100m Olympic Champion Marcell Jacobs will start the Diamond League meet in :NOR Oslo

he's set to face, among others, his arch-rival :USA Fred Kerley

On 5/13/2024 at 3:51 PM, Josh said:

Does anyone know if :SUI Simon Ehammer will compete in both the men’s long jump and decathlon at the Olympics, or just one of the events?

Given that the LJ qualification is the morning after the decathlon finishes, I'm going to say that even he probably doesn't know right now and it might depend entirely on how he feels that morning!

I'm guessing he'll be entered into both anyway, unless something goes wrong this weekend in Gotzis that puts him off the Decathlon.

But that's just my gut. I can't find any press release etc about his plans.

2 new :ITA National Records in Savona :cheer:

despite a cold and rainy day, Zeynab Dosso improved the women's 100m NR to 11.02 (+0.9 wind), meanwhile Leonardo Fabbri in the men's Shot Put reached the 22.95m mark (in a series with 4 puts beyond 22m...he also recorded a 22.67 and a 22.45)

:bowdown:

and now it's Mattia Furlani's moment in the men's Long Jump (it has stopped raining, the runway should be enough dry to enjoy some very long jumps)