website statistics

Taekwondo WT Grand Slam Champions Series 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

68kg: :AZE Magomedov was the surprise winner, he also takes the quota. (a bit consolation that this quota didn't go back to the 6th guy in the ranking who didn't deserve it at all)

80kg: :IRI Barkhordari wins the gold and the quota . he did that with only and only one win ! 

57kg: Minina (AIN) won the gold but :CHN Luo finished first in GS series despite losing the final. she already has the quota, therefore :TPE Lo will get the quota.

+67kg: Khan (AIN) won the gold but same as 57kg, that wasn't enough, :CHN Xiao finishes first in GS ranking and takes the quota.

but keep in mind, nothing is official until WT confirms it

Edited by MHSN

It was a terrible week. we sent a big team and ended up with just 1 quota and even that is in the weight we probably wouldn't prefer. I think 58kg and +80kg looked more possible two weeks ago.

I lost count how many matches/rounds we lost in the last 10 seconds. mostly in last 2-3 seconds. I know it happens in this sport but it happened A LOT. there is something wrong with the team. most of them were in terrible shape, I assume changing the coaching system few weeks ago had a very result.

Barkhordari got robbed of his chance in the Final GP by those cheaters but he got lucky here. very lucky. he simply walked into the final without even throwing a leg! both his QF and SF opponents were Iranians they simply withdrew (coach's order) and he just had to win one match to qualify.:facepalm:still not a sure thing if he goes to Paris. I believe there will be some trials between him and those other guys who withdrew today

I'm somehow glad someone else took the 58kg quota. (and not Woolley) at least this is easier to accept.

now the question is who is going to the Asian QT. we had never been there since 2008. :cry: I assume 68kg is out of the picture since our #1 and #2 failed the drug test earlier this year (which is still a mystery what happened to them)

14 hours ago, MHSN said:

It was a terrible week. we sent a big team and ended up with just 1 quota and even that is in the weight we probably wouldn't prefer. I think 58kg and +80kg looked more possible two weeks ago.

I lost count how many matches/rounds we lost in the last 10 seconds. mostly in last 2-3 seconds. I know it happens in this sport but it happened A LOT. there is something wrong with the team. most of them were in terrible shape, I assume changing the coaching system few weeks ago had a very result.

Barkhordari got robbed of his chance in the Final GP by those cheaters but he got lucky here. very lucky. he simply walked into the final without even throwing a leg! both his QF and SF opponents were Iranians they simply withdrew (coach's order) and he just had to win one match to qualify.:facepalm:still not a sure thing if he goes to Paris. I believe there will be some trials between him and those other guys who withdrew today

I'm somehow glad someone else took the 58kg quota. (and not Woolley) at least this is easier to accept.

now the question is who is going to the Asian QT. we had never been there since 2008. :cry: I assume 68kg is out of the picture since our #1 and #2 failed the drug test earlier this year (which is still a mystery what happened to them)

What did Woolley ever do to you?

18 minutes ago, Oldira said:

What did Woolley ever do to you?

nothing, it's not about him. wish him best of luck in European Qualifiers

but he just didn't deserve to qualify by virtue of his 6th place in the WR, the 6th place didn't belong to him in a fair world. or any kind of world.

ps: in case you don't know what I'm talking about, check the Taekwondo Olympic Qualification thread.