website statistics

Curling WCF European Championship 2023

Totallympics

European Championships time again!  Starting as soon as Saturday.   As well as World Curling's pay per view, there's lots of coverage on Eurosport/ Discovery Plus and probably the BBC will have semis and finals also.

Here's a preview and teams in action in the A Division

Le Gruyère AOP European Curling Championships 2023 set for action in Scotland - World Curling Federation

Edited by Sindo

2 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

@SindoCan we get a thread for the European Curling Championships from Aberdeen?  Starting on Saturday!  Here's a first post.

------

European Championships time again!  Starting as soon as Saturday.   As well as World Curling's pay per view, there's lots of coverage on Eurosport/ Discovery Plus and probably the BBC will have semis and finals also.

Here's a preview and teams in action in the A Division

Le Gruyère AOP European Curling Championships 2023 set for action in Scotland - World Curling Federation

Is it still under the pay wall or can we stream it for free somewhere 

17 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Is it still under the pay wall or can we stream it for free somewhere 

World Curling says the Olympics channel will be live-streaming select games. Unfortunate that all matches aren’t on YouTube, I love curling but I’m not paying 20€ to get a 14 day Recast pass. I’m not the only one, I’ve seen lots of complaints from other curling fans, and World Curling still won’t do anything :cry::facepalm::hairpull:

Edited by Josh

6 hours ago, Josh said:

World Curling says the Olympics channel will live-stream select games. Unfortunate that all matches aren’t on YouTube, I love curling but I’m not paying 20€ to get a 14 day Recast pass. I’m not the only one, I’ve seen lots of complaints from other curling fans, and World Curling still won’t do anything :cry::facepalm::hairpull:

Curling is a fantastic sport to watch. But it's way too costly. I personally watch few group games, SF, Finals. So for 6 games not worth paying recast. 

3 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Curling is a fantastic sport to watch. But it's way too costly. I personally watch few group games, SF, Finals. So for 6 games not worth paying recast. 

Here’s the broadcast schedule.  Think you are misunderstanding the deal though - you CAN still buy one-off games, it’s just cheaper to buy a package.  So if you watch 6 games that is £12.

https://worldcurling.org/2023/11/ecc2023-broadcast/

these games will be broadcasted online on SVT Play (and sometimes on TV channels) by SVT, the Swedish National Public TV

a good VPN is required, of course

18 november: 

20.00 – 23.00 SVT24/Play: Sverige-Schweiz (W)

19 november:

10.00 – 13.00 SVT Play: Sverige-Skottland (M)

15.00 – 18.00 SVT1/Play: Sverige-Danmark (W)

20 november:

13.00 – 16.00 SVT1/Play: Sverige-Italien (M)

17.00 – 20.00 SVT Play: Sverige – Skottland (W) (Subject to Change)

21 november:

10.00 – 13.00 SVT1/Play: Sverige-Norge (W)

22 november:

15.00 – 18.00 SVT1/Play: Sverige-Italien (W)

20.00 – 23.00 SVT24/Play: Sverige-Schweiz (M)

23 november:

20.00 – 23.00 SVT Play: Semifinals W (Subject to Change)

24 november:

10.00 – 13.00 SVT1/Play: Semifinals M

15.00 – 18.00 SVT1/Kunskapskanalen/Play: Bronze Medal Match W (Subject to Change)

20.00 – 23.00 SVT1/Play: Bronze Medal Match M (Subject to Change)

25 november:

10.00 – 13.00 SVT1/Kunskapskanalen/Play: Final W

15.00 – 18.00 Kunskapskanalen/SVT1/SVT2/Play: Final M

Kommentator: Niklas Nord

Expert: Eva Lund

6 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

BBC also featuring Scotland games from the Round Robin.  First up, the Men v :NOR, our Second Oldest Enemy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/winter-sports/67434123

Will be interesting to see what the production is like - the last couple of times they have shown curling, it has been like watching a high school media studies project.