website statistics

Fencing FIE World Cup 2023 - 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

4 hours ago, rybak said:

Poland is safe despite today terrible performance?

yes

:KOR:ITA:POL:FRA:UKR:USA and :EGY are qualified (have to check better :EGY but I'm sure about the others)

the only fight still open is :CHN vs :HKG for the Asian spot (basically, whoever finishes ahead between those 2 in the last OQT goes to Paris)

8 minutes ago, phelps said:

it's over, because :UKR will score at least 22 pts (even if they don't show up), meanwhile :EST can't score more than 40 pts (64 for a win - the 24 scratched as the worst result), which means that :UKR can't finish below 272 points and :EST can't go higher than 258 (same for :SUI as they can't go higher than 250)

I wish yoou were right, but let's check together.

Ukraine has 250 including those 22 pts from the worst result since it should be scratched after the last stage. Thus if we will be places 12th or lower no point will be added to our total score.

6 minutes ago, avlar said:

I wish yoou were right, but let's check together.

Ukraine has 250 including those 22 pts from the worst result since it should be scratched after the last stage. Thus if we will be places 12th or lower no point will be added to our total score.

ah, it's 250 included today's points (I added today's 22 pts to the 250 total)

in this case, you're right, :EST still have mathematical chance to overtake :UKR (but it's highly unlikely)

sorry for my misinterpretation

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

ah, it's 250 included today's points (I added today's 22 pts to the 250 total)

in this case, you're right, :EST still have mathematical chance to overtake :UKR (but it's highly unlikely)

sorry for my misinterpretation

Thank you. I was not so sure in my calculations.

What do you think on the women`s sabre? With 2 more stages it has been totally shaked today.

1 minute ago, avlar said:

Thank you. I was not so sure in my calculations.

What do you think on the women`s sabre? With 2 more stages it has been totally shaked today.

naaa, I think it won't change anything after Today, only :ITA will be closer to :UKR (I don't think we're going to win vs :FRA and overtake :UKR)

in any case, :MEX scoring a lot of points is good for both teams (also :HKG scoring 2 pts more than :ALG is good)

imho, it will be a fight between :ITA and :UKR until the last hit of the last OQT for the 5th place and the loser will need :ALG to drop out of the top 16 (which is possible, but not so obvious)

12 minutes ago, phelps said:

naaa, I think it won't change anything after Today, only :ITA will be closer to :UKR (I don't think we're going to win vs :FRA and overtake :UKR)

in any case, :MEX scoring a lot of points is good for both teams (also :HKG scoring 2 pts more than :ALG is good)

imho, it will be a fight between :ITA and :UKR until the last hit of the last OQT for the 5th place and the loser will need :ALG to drop out of the top 16 (which is possible, but not so obvious)

Yes, nothing will be set until the last hit. One more possible scenario which can help both our teams - is to overtake the USA and get place in top 4 (either by :UKR or by :ITA). In this case both our teams and  :USA will go to Paris.