website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Well, no. Actually they said a decision won't be made for the next few years. Which is excellent, because I have no idea what the problem is.

I didn't say it was going to happen now, but the fact that it happens in general is a good thing. I still don't know what's the actual benefit from switching the clock 1 hour ahead or behind twice a year. And the decision will be unique to each nation. EU member countries can decide, if they want to use summertime or wintertime. a slight majority of finns wants wintertime.

18 minutes ago, Finnator123 said:

I didn't say it was going to happen now, but the fact that it happens in general is a good thing. 

That's the thing: it's not a fact, the decision won't be made for the next few years.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Well, no. Actually they said a decision won't be made for the next few years. Which is excellent, because I have no idea what the problem is.

Nowadays it's just cool to complain about everything. Just like it's super cool to feel offended 24/7.

#banbestmen

12 minutes ago, dcro said:

Nowadays it's just cool to complain about everything. Just like it's super cool to feel offended 24/7.

I would feel terribly offended by summerphiles dictating my time.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 28-8-2018 at 12:14, heywoodu said:

After years of failed attempts (because I started too enthousiastic and then got injured within a week or 2-3 and waited a year to try again) I finally managed to run 5km today without starting to walk :cheer: 

In all those years that was my first goal, and to do so within 30:00 minutes....finally I ran 5km and I even did so in 27:55 :woohoo:

On to 10km! :d 

Reveal hidden contents

sq5T3H9.png

Two months and two days later and we're finally getting somewhere: 15km for the first time today :cheer:

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Two months and two days later and we're finally getting somewhere: 15km for the first time today :cheer:

Now you can run as far as a certain Brazilian biathlete regulars skis (probably)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Now you can run as far as a certain Brazilian biathlete regulars skis (probably)

I'm sure she's skied further (and ran further) :p But that's alright, recently we set a goal to run a marathon together before the 2022 Olympics :d 

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm sure she's skied further (and ran further) :p But that's alright, recently we set a goal to run a marathon together before the 2022 Olympics :d 

The oldest annual European Marathon is already waiting for such challenge https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peace_Marathon

It´s a quite progressive marathon, every year something interesting happen :d

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, hckosice said:

The oldest annual European Marathon is already waiting for such challenge https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peace_Marathon

It´s a quite progressive marathon, every year something interesting happen :d

Hide contents

I remember this, and in fact, wrote about this (thanks to a tip from you here I believe) :d 

https://frontpage.fok.nl/nieuws/777659/1/1/50/rondslingerende-piemel-helpt-marathonloper-aan-steun-publiek.html

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I remember this, and in fact, wrote about this (thanks to a tip from you here I believe) :d 

https://frontpage.fok.nl/nieuws/777659/1/1/50/rondslingerende-piemel-helpt-marathonloper-aan-steun-publiek.html

Don´t remember, but probably yes :d