website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

If bobsleigh/skeleton is ever dropped from the program, I humbly submit we replace it with whatever the hell this is…

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

12 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

If bobsleigh/skeleton is ever dropped from the program, I humbly submit we replace it with whatever the hell this is…

Are those names references to those US thingies where they stick three random Greek letters together and then act all super cool when they meet someone who happens to have had the same three letters in their school period? :p 

No idea what this 'sport' is though :d 

Edit: I thought it was remotely operated for the downhill part, but there's actually a small person laying inside it :yikes: 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

44 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Are those names references to those US thingies where they stick three random Greek letters together and then act all super cool when they meet someone who happens to have had the same three letters in their school period? :p 

No idea what this 'sport' is though :d 

Edit: I thought it was remotely operated for the downhill part, but there's actually a small person laying inside it :yikes: 

My guess is that these aren’t fraternities or sororities, but rather honor societies (for engineering, manufacturing, etc). They employ similar naming conventions, but tend to be more tame, or at least not have the “reputation” of fraternities and sororities. I participated in neither at my university, though that may actually cause me problems when it comes to getting hired as those groups can open and close doors in that regard. 

I don’t think this a proper sport, but rather a fun traditional competition. (And yes, the “buggy” is piloted from my understanding, which is why it’s actually not a bad replacement for bobsleigh.)

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 6/13/2023 at 2:41 PM, hckošice said:

Update in the save-pigeon-mission :p

Day 3rd, I succeeded to read the code in his red ring (It is a Romanian pigoen, I assume since the nations code is RO :p) and send it in the lost pigeons site, let see if someone will contact me, because I am definitely not intending to drive the pigoen to Bucharest myself :p

Talking to my uncle who has 30 years of experience with pigeons, and suddenly got curious how your pigeon is doing :d

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Talking to my uncle who has 30 years of experience with pigeons, and suddenly got curious how your pigeon is doing :d

that ungrateful animal flew away. very likely back home to :ROU :p

He was here for 9 days, so I went to buy him 2 kilos of a special mixture of food for pigeons, and that ingrate flew away that evening :d

17 minutes ago, hckošice said:

He was here for 9 days, so I went to buy him 2 kilos of a special mixture of food for pigeons, and that ingrate flew away that evening :d

Now you know to tie the receipt to his leg next time. You can throw some room and board costs on there too :p

Edited by Olympian1010

4 hours ago, hckošice said:

According to said uncle, pigeons are smart enough to keep getting water and food and only leave when they feel they're strong enough to go back home :d (he said he'd had pigeons return after three months or so :yikes:)

You got used, buddy. By a bird.

Edited by heywoodu