website statistics

Pan American Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

25 minutes ago, intoronto said:

The USA declined its quotas in women's epee fencing, weird. @Olympian1010any idea why?

Nope, that’s another sport the USOPC originally had athletes in as far as I know.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, vinipereira said:

Don't know what :CHI can do anymore other than win gold medals in unexpected events. They have a chance today with Surfing.

we can expect maximum 2 golds in athletism, maybe sailing and 2-3 gold in other events, so 10 to 12 golds with be the maximum expected

I feel a little dissapointed but not that much...chilean athletes don' work that well under pressure

Does today’s schedule feel “slow” to people as well? Yesterday got a bit hectic again, and now we’re back to only a couple of medals being awarded.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Rodrigues :BRA gold medal throw in the women's discus would have ranked her 7th in 2019...

4 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

No her fault the favourites didn't perform well today...

Of course not. I'm just curious if this is setting the tone for athletics this week.

By the way, the last time women's discus was won with a mark less than 60m was Caracas 1983. Guadalajara had similar short marks, and was only held two days earlier in the season.