website statistics

Boxing IOC European Olympic Games Qualifier 2020

George_D

10 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

Bravo Ireland, you made us clear all our boxers.

These qualifications for France are a real disaster and a shame for us, we suck

I appeal to boxing connoisseurs.

What are the meager remaining chances for France to qualify 2 boxers:

- Mourad Aliev + 91kg against :GEO Giogi Tchigladze

- Maiva Hamadouche -60kg against :HUN Kata Pribojszki

Thank you for your answers

You will likely win that 60kg quota, we have never been as weak in boxing as we are now. 

7 minutes ago, Dragon said:

I admit to be biased - but I'm shocked to see how good the performances of the British women have been so far

UK is in the same place like Russia ten years ago. Only chance for win is knock out, in the diffrent situation judges give win for UK, because they are from UK (Poor Finland). 

Really, I never thought we had much influence within the sport.

And, to be honest, all I saw today was that the women were much, much better than their opponents.

The two men had very close fights that they might have won or might have lost

12 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Really, I never thought we had much influence within the sport.

And, to be honest, all I saw today was that the women were much, much better than their opponents.

The two men had very close fights that they might have won or might have lost

Uk has a privilage like Russia before. In Tokyo will be the same. Potkonen was better. 

1 minute ago, Adriano said:

Uk has a privilage like Russia before. In Tokyo will be the same. Potkonen was better. 

No - I can't agree with that! Potkonen tried every dirty trick in the book.

She was lucky not to deducted multiple points.

10 minutes ago, Dragon said:

No - I can't agree with that! Potkonen tried every dirty trick in the book.

She was lucky not to deducted multiple points.

I can not agree your boxer was chaotic and passive.  Being British meanimg in boxing you can do nothing for win. Now you are like Russia in Boxing years ago. And judges from USA gives quite good points mosty. Potkonen was active and she has a good skills. 

among the Brits, I only watched Dubois (yesterday and today)...

surely she deserved to win both matches with unanimous decision (but against Nicoli she wasn't that much better, the 1st round was really, really close -with different rules it should have been judged 10-10- then in the second round she was gifted by the ref of the standing count against Nicoli for a couple of normal jabs), but imho she's way overestimated...

Irma Testa yesterday was far more impressive...so far, definitely the best boxing show among the matches I've watched (men included)...

of the other few matches I've watched (despite my promise to ignore Olympic boxing for the rest of my life, I just couldn't resist :facepalm:), most results have gone according to what actually happened on the ring, the only truly undeserved verdict was the Russian Khataev eliminating the Italian Fiori in the men's -81kg...

but as I wrote, I only watched a small number of fights (and mainly women's fights)...

13 minutes ago, Adriano said:

Potkonen is a wrestler trying to practice a different sport...she doesn't even know what "boxing" means...

she should have been thrown off the ring well before the end of the match (as often through her career)...

17 minutes ago, Adriano said:

Sadly , our girl also fights vs British . But I keep calm because Anna Lysenko make my day brighter . And we have some quotas , so we have chances to archieve 150 ?