website statistics

Team Canada at the Paris Summer Olympic Games 2024 News Road to Paris 2024

So we have 258 athletes qualified with athletics not factored in. So we need 42 there to reach 300. 43 to break 300 :D. Does anyone have an updated summary of how many we have qualified before nationals this week?

Edited by Surlympics

1 hour ago, Surlympics said:

So we have 258 athletes qualified with athletics not factored in. So we need 42 there to reach 300. 43 to break 300 :D. Does anyone have an updated summary of how many we have qualified before nationals this week?

That’s not correct. As I said on the first page (but pretty much everyone seemed to forget), I have the number of athletes and events updated daily on the very first reply, anything else is inaccurate.

We have 292, with all athletics Q’s (including the relay athletes). No Andresscu/Raonic (I’m waiting for Tennis Canada to publish a team selection article), and no athletes through the Road to Paris have been calculated in yet. 

Edited by Josh

1 hour ago, Surlympics said:

I forgot tennis and judo as well so we will easily have over 300 . Around 310-312 like intoronto said 

Thought I included FAA, Fernandez, and Dabrowski in tennis, but apparently not. That’s 295. Raonic and Andresscu, if they take PR’s, would be 297. Judo I already included in our total. I’d say 305-310 overall. 

6 minutes ago, Josh said:

Just making sure, because I think Wikipedia got it wrong again, but I believe Katie Vincent is entered in two events?

Edit: Yep, she finished 1st in Trials. 

Yea can enter both events. I think the team announcement only mentioned c2 but highly likely she competed in c1 as well