website statistics

Weightlifting IWF World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

9 minutes ago, phelps said:

None of Today's scores are good enough to enter the useful positions of the men's -102kg OQR, but Abokahla's 387kg are just 1 kilo below the current line (unless there are some doping issues I forgot once again :rolleyes: is :KAZ Adiletuly still with us or we lost him, too? :mumble:)

Adiletuly is also banned and should be removed

and Abokahla is going to 89kg (he has a good position in the ranking already) , his 102kg ranking doesn't matter

great gold medal for Egypt but I was more impressed with the other Egyptian guy, the 18 years old who finished 4th. 

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

Adiletuly is also banned and should be removed

and Abokahla is going to 89kg (he has a good position in the ranking already) , his 102kg ranking doesn't matter

great gold medal for Egypt but I was more impressed with the other Egyptian guy, the 18 years old who finished 4th. 

Thanks!

for what concerns Abokahla, I think he would have more chances going up to 102kg rather than down to 89kg (where he has a good 375kg record, but the medals are 20kg higher)

meanwhile raising his BW to 102kg might give him a chance to go close to 400kg total (and a medal is safe around 395 in that class)

basically, you need a better score in the -89kg than in the -102kg to medal at the Olympics this time

10 minutes ago, phelps said:

Thanks!

for what concerns Abokahla, I think he would have more chances going up to 102kg rather than down to 89kg (where he has a good 375kg record, but the medals are 20kg higher)

meanwhile raising his BW to 102kg might give him a chance to go close to 400kg total (and a medal is safe around 395 in that class)

basically, you need a better score in the -89kg than in the -102kg to medal at the Olympics this time

Karim Abokahla just entered 96kg competition to secure a medal.. he will return back to his Olympic body weight class (89kg)

the 2 Egyptians on the 102 list would be yasser and Mahmoud (who competed today in 96 kg category) Mahmoud is just 18 yrs so I presume he competed to gain experience 

in the women's -71kg, Gold went to :CHN Liao Guifang with a Total of 273kg (first World Record of these Championships) ahead of :ECU Angie Palacios Dajomes with 255kg

Bronze went to :USA Olivia Reeves with 253kg

:CHN Liao also won both Snatch and C&J gold medals (with another WR in C&J)

in the women's -71kg OQR, I fear that :ITA Giulia Miserendino and :TPE Chen Wen-Huei are the big loser from Today, dropping from the 9th and 10th useful position out of the top 10  :cry:

meanwhile :EGY Neama Said and :BRA Amanda Schott are the new entries in the top 10 positions

for :ITA this championship is an absolute disaster (except for the good Sergio Massidda in the men's -61kg) :facepalm::hairpull:

8 minutes ago, phelps said:

Thanks!

I also think looking at his body it won't be easy for him to cut weight. @thepharoah should know better but at least for now I think he is going 89kg but I might be wrong

but I don't think 395kg will be enough for medal in Paris. lots of favorites didn't show their best yet. some of them are easily capable of lifting +400kg total. and some guys like Nurudinov might cut weight from 109kg. 

1 minute ago, El Analyzer said:

Karim Abokahla just entered 96kg competition to secure a medal.. he will return back to his Olympic body weight class (89kg)

the 2 Egyptians on the 102 list would be yasser and Mahmoud (who competed today in 96 kg category) Mahmoud is just 18 yrs so I presume he competed to gain experience 

I know, but he's limiting his chances in that class

most likely, the 18 yr old guy has a lot more potential to gain BW and improve his score, so it's kind of an obligated move to get down to 89kg for Abokahla, but still...

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

I also think looking at his body it won't be easy for him to cut weight. @thepharoah should know better but at least for now I think he is going 89kg but I might be wrong

but I don't think 395kg will be enough for medal in Paris. lots of favorites didn't show their best yet. some of them are easily capable of lifting +400kg total. and some guys like Nurudinov might cut weight from 109kg

I think he's the only one who could do it successfully