website statistics

Athletics WA World Championships 2023

Totallympics

7 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Balaton aka central european sea.

During storm´s waves should be fine also for surfing :p

I knew it was large enough but I was more concerned about the suitability of the summer weather conditions.

32 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Surfing *can* be held in a wave pool (and one of the world series stop uses such a venue). Different format and the purists hate it, but it can be done.

Alternatively I doubt the IOC would object if surfing was held outside of Hungary.

I mean, we're traveling across the world for surfing alone next year and though that is technically France, I doubt more than 0,1% of non-French people see it as such at all, so no problem if it's way outside of Hungary during Budapest 2036 :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, Nickyc707 said:

I knew it was large enough but I was more concerned about the suitability of the summer weather conditions.

Usually they have strong wind in that part of Hungary. Pretty sure it may works well for :sailing: not really for Surfing though

4 hours ago, hckošice said:

:JPN Abdul Hakim S-B into FInal :yes

Omanyala 10.01, not sure this can be enough

Ah, Ferdinand 'I will remain unbeaten outdoor in all of 2023' Omanyala, who lost 3 of his 4 races right after saying that and then went on to be invisible in today's final :p 

Much nicer to see Goku Lyles win instead of Mr Bigmouth :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, lapaj said:

I think this Athletic WC is more than enough to a small country. Olympics, Football WC are very expensive games.

But an Olympics close to Hungary would count the sport lover Hungarians!

Yeah financially it's probably gonna be difficult, but judging by the past few years, Budapest would definitely be a worthy Olympic city!

Women's long jump: Pretty weak behind Spanovic. Insane that she peaks at such an old age. Mihambo shouldn't lose too much sleep over this. Iapichino was a massive letdown. Luzolo for sure had the chance to finish top 6, but sadly she couldn't even replicate her performance from prelims.

Women's heptathlon: Pretty low level for bronze. Right now Thiam, KJT and Hall look like the clear favorites for the medals next year, but maybe someone else can step up and get to 6700-6800 points. Weißenberg would have won bronze with 6.40 m in the long jump.

Men's hammer throw: Insane that Katzenberg improved by 12 m in 2 years ... i wish Germany would some day find an athlete with such a rate of improvement.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, Nickyc707 said:

Any suitable lakes for the sailing?

yeah, Balaton Lake is perfectly suitable for sailing

they already hosted European and World champs of Olympic classes in the past (actually, just Today :HUN won the ILCA 6 World Title thanks to Maria Erdi :evil:)