website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

20 minutes ago, pedja789 said:

Geraei won a challenge after that, and it was 8-7 Geraei. Not sure, what happend there.

Probably the most entertaining fight in greco this year. What a comeback!

That explains all. Pitty i skipped this particular match. :(

that was a shameful match actually. Geraei was dead tired. I mean really "dead" and one of the spectators threw a bottle of water to stop the match for few minutes. helping the "dead Geraei" to somehow resist the Japanese wrestler. 

Geraei won the match unfairly but it was obvious he will lose the next one. he barely could stand on his feet. he is cutting too much to make the weight. he had to move up to 77kg but he doesn't because of his older brother. 

what a bad day. nobody in the SF and the team title is in danger too. we will see if our 3 wrestlers will be brought back to the repechage or not. Mohammadi and Geraei lost to better wrestlers so I think they have a chance. no chance for idiot Alizadeh for losing to someone 10 times weaker than himself.

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

and one of the spectators threw a bottle of water to stop the match for few minutes. helping the "dead Geraei" to somehow resist the Japanese wrestler. 

I heard that his brother threw that bottle. Rumor has it that he was arrested.

1 hour ago, pedja789 said:

I heard that his brother threw that bottle. Rumor has it that he was arrested.

is this an official news ? because some random wrestling pages here also reported the same

if he did that, he deserves to be in jail. that was disgusting. his younger brother is already an Olympic Champion and doesn't need his help. it's better to lose fairly rather than winning like that.

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

is this an official news ? because some random wrestling pages here also reported the same

I haven't seen anything reliable. My source is a person who was present but doesn't really know who Mohammadali Geraei is, so take that with a grain of salt.

Cuban wrestlers are weird, they can be average for some years and then bang, beating everybody and win the gold :p Gabriel Rosillo surprised everybody by beating Saravi last night and he didn't stop there, he also beat the great Aleksanyan tonight to be the new king of 97kg. 

it was a disappointing day in general, Geraei getting humiliated like that (the match he won against JPN was even more humiliating) Alizadeh lost the a guy he beat 2-3 times before easily :facepalm: Azerbaijan is going to win the team title

but at least winning two quotas made it a bit better at the end of the day. 

Iran and AIN (Belarus) won the remaining quotas in 5th place matches

so here are the quotas for tonight

60: :KGZ:JPN:CHN:UZB:IRI

97: :CUB:ARM:IRI:CZE:BLR

Asia takes all 5 quotas in 60kg :p

Edited by MHSN