website statistics

Sprint Canoeing at the African Games 2019

Totallympics

In terms of Olympic qualification, all the one person Olympic boats and the Men's C2 1000m will give Olympics quotas.

Additionally, despite competing at the African Games, :CIV:DJI:SEY:SUD are not eligible to win a quota due to not competing at the World Championships.

We also need a minimum of three eligible nations to compete which based on the start lists is fine so hopefully there aren't any mass withdrawals.

Just now, dcro said:

All South African athletes can be disregarded for the purposes of Olympic qualification. None of them has met the selection criteria at the World Championships.

Yeah, I suspect that to be true. I was secretly hoping none of their canoeists finish in qualification position, but based on the heats they will likely qualify in the K1 1000m. Hopefully they officially decline the quota in a quick manner.

Just now, JoshMartini007 said:

Yeah, I suspect that to be true. I was secretly hoping none of their canoeists finish in qualification position, but based on the heats they will likely qualify in the K1 1000m. Hopefully they officially decline the quota in a quick manner.

Well, South African policies are at least very cleanly written, as opposed to the ones that NZ issues.

image.png

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

Well, South African policies are at least very cleanly written, as opposed to the ones that NZ issues.

At least the policy is a bit more fair than in 2016 where all continental quotas were declined, regardless of whether or not the athlete was competitive.