website statistics

Sport Climbing IFSC World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

21 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

He was nursing a sprained ankle apparently. I’m surprised he entered the comp. 

Interestingly, he is still listed on the start list for tomorrow's Lead qualification - if he's nursing injury, perhaps he would have been better to rest up and focus on the combined event next week.

Looking forward to see how our supertalented Martina Buršíková will do here at her first careers seniors world championship.

Obviously, we are not going to enter the Olympic qualifiers (no reason for that, she has time until LA 28, she is barely 16 now) so the federation registered her only for the bouldering, If I understand correctly tomorrow late evening are the qualifiers, right ? Not sure if she can realistically aim for qualifying to the semifinals, but at her only World Cup appearance so far last month in Austria, she managed to make the semis, so let see, all in all, if she will succeed, that would be a ridiculous historic achievement for us.

8 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Looking forward to see how our supertalented Martina Buršíková will do here at her first careers seniors world championship.

Obviously, we are not going to enter the Olympic qualifiers (no reason for that, she has time until LA 28, she is barely 16 now) so the federation registered her only for the bouldering, If I understand correctly tomorrow late evening are the qualifiers, right ? Not sure if she can realistically aim for qualifying to the semifinals, but at her only World Cup appearance so far last month in Austria, she managed to make the semis, so let see, all in all, if she will succeed, that would be a ridiculous historic achievement for us.

That's right - boulder qualifiers take place tomorrow evening after the Men's Lead competition.

Bursikova is drawn as 20th starter in group B so will probably be in the 2nd or 3rd hour of qualifying event.

10 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

That's right - boulder qualifiers take place tomorrow evening after the Men's Lead competition.

Bursikova is drawn as 20th starter in group B so will probably be in the 2nd or 3rd hour of qualifying event.

Great, thanks sir.

How many will progress to the semis ? Is it by placing among best in different groups or by general ranking from all athletes ?

40 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Great, thanks sir.

How many will progress to the semis ? Is it by placing among best in different groups or by general ranking from all athletes ?

As far as I am aware, they all do the same 5 routes in qualifying and the results from the two groups are combined with the top 20 going through to semis. Probably going to need at least 2-3 tops and 5 zones to get through.

11 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

As far as I am aware, they all do the same 5 routes in qualifying and the results from the two groups are combined with the top 20 going through to semis. Probably going to need at least 2-3 tops and 5 zones to get through.

thanks again :yes

2 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Interestingly, he is still listed on the start list for tomorrow's Lead qualification - if he's nursing injury, perhaps he would have been better to rest up and focus on the combined event next week.

He said on Instagram he intends to compete in the lead. I think that discipline, in theory, should be easier on the ankle. Still, I’m surprised he’s not resting.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Rafa Maciel said:

I think the boulder problems are different for groups A and B, but I could be wrong…

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

15 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I think the boulder problems are different for groups A and B, but I could be wrong…

To be honest I'm not sure - the IFSC rulebook says Boulder qualification is organised as a "single course of five (5) boulders for each Starting Group" so I took that as each group had to do the same routes. 

43 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

To be honest I'm not sure - the IFSC rulebook says Boulder qualification is organised as a "single course of five (5) boulders for each Starting Group" so I took that as each group had to do the same routes. 

I think that’s the key wording here. Both groups get a set of five boulders.