website statistics

Biathlon 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

RobtheAggie

11 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

VAR was supposed to fix the bitching about referee mistakes in football and look, there is more bitching about VAR now. The idea of "fixing" or "improving" something looks good on paper but then reality kicks in. The same will happen if biathlon even thinks of laser rifles. And will the athletes use their personal rifle all the time like today? Obviously not IMO.

Wouldn't that mainly be bitching about VAR in the Premier League? 

That one's really about terrible implementation.

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Didn’t say we had to do with gender-on-gender, I just said that there’s not point to having the gender relays.

Athletes who are like #4 or #5 or any team would disagree. If you only want two best per nation for a mixed relay then it hurts the depth of the roster. If you're #5 then you have no shot of making the team. Several lesser athletes have thrived in the relays which helped their status for individual races (Peter Sendel or someone like that).

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Not opposed to an Open relay. I think every sport will have to have an “open” class one day.

Obviously I was sarcastic. That'd be the start of the death of women's sports.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

Athletes who are like #4 or #5 or any team would disagree. If you only want two best per nation for a mixed relay then it hurts the depth of the roster. If you're #5 then you have no shot of making the team. Several lesser athletes have thrived in the relays which helped their status for individual races (Peter Sendel or someone like that).

That would actually encourage smaller nations, so I have literally zero problem with that. Again, we’re still assuming a conclusion from something we haven’t tried.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

What if you're the number 6 in a team though? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

What!? That’s such a Red Haering. That has nothing to do with what we were discussing.

Laser rifles are like hamburgers from grass IMO :lol:

Hell, maybe we just switch to e-sports and have Fourcade & co. play a biathlon game online :whistle:

Just now, heywoodu said:

Obviously I was sarcastic. That'd be the start of the death of women's sports.

3 classes: Men, Women, Open. It’s the best solution until I hear a better one.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

3 classes: Men, Women, Open. It’s the best solution until I hear a better one.

So basically double chances for men. Yeah...no.