website statistics

Island Games 2023

Totallympics

Gozo (add them to list of flags we’re missing @Sindo) won their first ever medal at the Island Games yesterday. Lara Calleja won silver in the women’s individual trap event.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Even when :DEN isn’t in attendance, their friends are still the best at badminton. Gold for :FRO, silver for :GRL in the team event. @Griff88

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

58 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Gozo (add them to list of flags we’re missing @Sindo) won their first ever medal at the Island Games yesterday. Lara Calleja won silver in the women’s individual trap event.

Is is the only one missing? Please list all of them missing so I can add all of them :d

1 minute ago, Sindo said:

Is is the only one missing? Please list all of them missing so I can add all of them :d

Gotland‘s is missing as well. Iroquois Confederation is another entity that comes up from time to time and doesn’t have a flag. 

Those are the only ones I can think of now.

Marlon Attard won Gozo’s first gold medal in the open skeet event. It seems they enjoy shotgunning as much as a the main island :p

The National Ranges was one of the nicest sports facilities on the main island, and the local interest was very clear when I was there, so not shocking to see their neighbors doing well in the sport. 

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Marlon Attard won Gozo’s first gold medal in the open skeet event. It seems they enjoy shotgunning as much as a the main island :p

The National Ranges was one of the nicest sports facilities on the main island, and the local interest was very clear when I was there, so not shocking to see their neighbors doing well in the sport. 

Aren't they notorious for shooting all the migratory birds, though?  :facepalm:

Kyra Rabess :CAY with a victory in the women’s 1500m freestyle. She came 4th at the CAC Games about two weeks ago. Busy season of multi-sport games for her.

Asia Kent :GIB became the first non-islander to win a gold medal at the 2023 Island Games :p