website statistics

Island Games 2023

Totallympics

• 5 months later...

Some welcome information for users I’m sure:

Can I watch events online?

Guernsey2023 will be the most connected Games ever. Many sports will be livestreamed through this website. We have special software that will provide an up-to-the-minute results service showing results just in, rolling results, medal winners, and the medal table.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 3 weeks later...

Quirky moments/stories like this are one of the reasons I love following/reporting on smaller multi-sport games.

I can see livestreams for indoor bowls scheduled on YouTube now. There hasn’t been much streaming in the past, so it will be fun to follow this event.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

20 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Quirky moments/stories like this are one of the reasons I love following/reporting on smaller multi-sport games.

I can see livestreams for indoor bowls scheduled on YouTube now. There hasn’t been much streaming in the past, so it will be fun to follow this event.

Was kind of slow-rolling it over the whole peninsula controversy, but have subbed now. A feast of live bowls, which is obviously easier to cover than cycling.

Edited by Grassmarket

7 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

I was wrong, an impressive range of sports being covered live.  Tennis, badminton, table tennis, shooting, basketball…..all a bit basic though.

At least they’re to make the event a bit more accessible to those off the island :hatoff:

Commonwealth Games alumni dominated the men’s triathlon: Lewis :GGY, Turner :JEY, Draper :IOM all on the podium.

:GGY off to a good start overall with victories in triathlon, shooting, and athletics. They almost swept triathlon (relay will be held later in the week), but failed to win the men’s team title, which went to :JEY

Gotland (whose flag is missing from our list) and :IOW are the only other teams with gold medals so far.

Edited by Olympian1010