website statistics

European Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Also, missed this stat earlier today, but Damian Quintero :ESP became the first athlete to win a gold medal at all three editions of the European Games.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Panam Sports Channel and EOC TV only offer replays of the finals in each sport/event, or full replays of sport/event where final is only one session. EOC TV was slowly uploading VODs of all the sessions from the 2023 Winter EYOF, but just stopped at some point :(

ANOC TV and FISU TV generally offer VODs of everything that was broadcast (maybe missing a few here and there like the Olympic Channel).

Very interesting.

So, if i understood correctly, only IOC is giving full replays free of charge?

As i follow every major olympic sport federation on YT, i noticed that there arent many channels that are providing live streams, even for lesser events. So basically, YT stopped being important for broadcasting.

Eurovision was providing some replays before, didnt check them in a while.

2 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Very interesting.

So, if i understood correctly, only IOC is giving full replays free of charge?

No, all those platforms offer replays for free (you may have to create a free profile for most), but some have a limited offering altogether.

4 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

As i follow every major olympic sport federation on YT, i noticed that there arent many channels that are providing live streams, even for lesser events. So basically, YT stopped being important for broadcasting.

Most have switched over to their own OTT (over-the-top) streaming platforms. Some have began to charge for subscriptions as an extra revenue stream.

Personally, I think they should charge a small fee for live events, but leave replays free after a certain date. This way they can still make some money, but also allow people discover and enjoy the sport in the years following those events.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

15 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

No, all those platforms offer replays for free (you may have to create a free profile for most), but some have a limited offering altogether.

Most have switched over to their own OTT (over-the-top) streaming platforms. Some have began to charge for subscriptions as an extra revenue stream.

Personally, I think they should charge a small fee for live events, but leave replays free after a certain date. This way they can still make some money, but also allow people discover and enjoy the sport in the years following those events.

I noticed that IJF was among others who switched to OTT, which was somehow shocking to me, but i got used to it...

I fear that PPV system isnt that far from us, even for "small" sports. Which wouldnt be a problem if they would unlock those replays after some time. But that time usually dont come. 

Cant recall that FIFA made many replays available from Italy 1990, USA 1994... Few games maybe...

Its vintage material... Even some Hollywood movies (golden time) are on YT (legally), while we all know that major studios are "money mad". If they let those movies, cant explain why we cant watch judo finals from WCh 2001 or Pan Am games from early 2000s. 

3 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Even some Hollywood movies (golden time) are on YT (legally), while we all know that major studios are "money mad". If they let those movies, cant explain why we cant watch judo finals from WCh 2001 or Pan Am games from early 2000s

Good luck finding that footage :p

ISB was actually the host broadcaster for a few editions, so I’m sure coverage exists somewhere. 

Fatih Sen :TUR was disqualified in the final, so no silver medal awarded in karate men’s 84+

Link: https://results.european-games.org/pdf/EG2023/KTE/EG2023_KTE_C67_KTE------------------------------11.pdf 

7 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

There’s a bunch of replays on europeangames.tv

Yeah I noticed, but they are offered like so...

Spoiler

G3JbNLk.png

:rofl::facepalm: 

How can it be so difficult to simply have the full replays available straight from the schedule section and, most importantly, without spoilers?! This way there's not even any sense in watching the replays anymore since the thumbnails already spoil the result anyway half the time...(not to mention how awful that player is, it doesn't even seem to have basic hotkey support to move forward or backward)

Sorry for all the negativity, I'm just super disappointed because I was actually looking forward to watching these Games :( 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Day 3 Gold Medal Events  (37)

• 10:00 Artistic Swimming Mixed Acro Routine
  • 11:45 Shooting Men's 10m Air Pistol
  • 12:30 Canoe Women's K1 500m
  • 12:39 Canoe Men's K1 500m
  • 12:48 Canoe Women's C1 500m
  • 12:57 Canoe Men's C1 500m
  • 13:45 Shooting Women's 10m Air Pistol
  • 14:44 Canoe Mixed K2 200m
  • 14:50 Archery Women's Team Recurve
  • 14:53 Canoe Mixed K2 200m
  • 15:00 Diving Syncro Mixed 10m Platform
  • 15:10 Athletics Men's Hammer Trow 
  •  15:15 Archery Men's Team Recurve
  • 15:20 Athletics Men's Long Jump
  • 15:10 Athletics Women's Pole Vault
  • 16:05 Athletics Men's 110m Hurdles
  • 16:15 Shooting Men's 10m Air Rifle
  • 16:50 Athletics Women's 800m
  • 17:00 Artistic Swimming Womens Duet Free
  • 17:10 Athletics Men's 1500m
  • 17:15 Athletics Men's Discus Throw 
  • 17:26 Athletics Women's Triple Jump
  • 17:40 Athletics Women's 400m Hurdles 
  • 17:45 Shooting Women's 10m Air Rifle
  • 18:05 Athletics Men's 400m Hurdles
  • 18:30 Athletics Women's 4x100
  • 18:50 Athletics Men's 4x100
  • 19:00 Diving Men's 3m Springboard 
  • 20:00 Sport Climbing Men's Lead
  • 20:00 Artistic Swimming Mixed Duet Free
  • 20:00 Taekwondo Women's -53kg
  • 20:12 Taekwondo Men's -63kg
  • 20:24 Taekwondo Women's -57kg
  • 20:36 Taekwondo Men's -68kg
  • 21:00 Sport Climbing Women's Lead
  • 21:10 Basket 3x3 Women's Final
  • 21:35 Basket 3x3 Men's Final

22 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah I noticed, but they are offered like so...

Hide contents

G3JbNLk.png

:rofl::facepalm: 

How can it be so difficult to simply have the full replays available straight from the schedule section and, most importantly, without spoilers?! This way there's not even any sense in watching the replays anymore since the thumbnails already spoil the result anyway half the time...(not to mention how awful that player is, it doesn't even seem to have basic hotkey support to move forward or backward)

Sorry for all the negativity, I'm just super disappointed because I was actually looking forward to watching these Games :( 

Ah finally :d

Wait until you´ll start to watch things live and use the fantastic Result system. Only then You´ll be "happy and super satisfied" :lol:

I suggest  Xanax and walk in the nature before :p

I'm bored again, so I'll do a day-by-day rundown on which events will award Paris 2024 quotas. 

Day 3 

Artistic Swimming- Duet Free Final (Combined with Duet Technical, the top overall score will receive a quota place for their NOC in women's duet at Paris 2024)

Diving- Men's 3m Springboard Final (Gold medalist will secure a quota for their NOC at Paris 2024)

Day 4

Archery- Mixed Recurve Team Gold Medal Match  (Gold medalists will earn their NOC one place in the women's recurve event, and one place in the men's recurve event at Paris 2024)

Diving- Women's 3m Springboard (Gold medalist will secure a quota for their NOC at Paris 2024)

Shooting- Men's Skeet Final (Gold medalist will secure a quota for their NOC at Paris 2024, if already qualified it'll get reallocated to the next highest ranked athlete)

Shooting- Women's Skeet Final (Gold medalist will secure a quota for their NOC at Paris 2024, if already qualified it'll get reallocated to the next highest ranked athlete)

Shooting- Men's 50m Rifle 3 Positions Final (Gold medalist will secure a quota for their NOC at Paris 2024, if already qualified it'll get reallocated to the next highest ranked athlete)

Day 5

Shooting- Women's 25m Pistol Final (Gold medalist will secure a quota for their NOC at Paris 2024, if already qualified it'll get reallocated to the next highest ranked athlete)

Shooting- Women's 50m Rifle 3 Positions Final (Gold medalist will secure a quota for their NOC at Paris 2024, if already qualified it'll get reallocated to the next highest ranked athlete)

Table Tennis- Mixed Doubles Gold Medal Match (Gold medalists will earn their NOC one place in the women's event, and one place in the men's event at Paris 2024)

Day 6

Breaking- B-Boys Final For Gold (Gold medalist will qualify for Paris 2024)

Breaking- B-Girls Final For Gold (Gold medalist will qualify for Paris 2024)

Rugby 7s- Men's Final (Gold medalists will qualify for Paris 2024)

Rugby 7s- Men's Final (Gold medalists will qualify for Paris 2024)

Diving- Men's 10m Platform Final (Gold medalist will secure a quota for their NOC at Paris 2024)

Day 7

Archery- Women's Recurve Gold Medal Match (Gold medalist will secure a quota for their NOC at Paris 2024)

Boxing- Women's 50kg Quarterfinals (Medalists will qualify for Paris 2024)

Boxing- Women's 54kg Quarterfinals (Medalists will qualify for Paris 2024)

Boxing- Women's 57kg Quarterfinals (Medalists will qualify for Paris 2024)

Boxing- Women's 60kg Quarterfinals (Medalists will qualify for Paris 2024)

Boxing- Women's 66kg Quarterfinals (Medalists will qualify for Paris 2024)

Boxing- Men's 57kg Quarterfinals (Medalists will qualify for Paris 2024)

Boxing- Men's 63.5kg Quarterfinals (Medalists will qualify for Paris 2024)

Boxing- Men's 71kg Quarterfinals (Medalists will qualify for Paris 2024)

Boxing- Men's 80kg Quarterfinals (Medalists will qualify for Paris 2024)

Day 8

Archery- Men's Recurve Gold Medal Match (Gold medalist will secure a quota for their NOC at Paris 2024)

Day 9

Boxing- Women's 75kg Semifinals (Finalists will qualify for Paris 2024)

Boxing- Men's 51kg Semifinals (Finalists will qualify for Paris 2024)

Boxing- Men's 92kg Semifinals (Finalists will qualify for Paris 2024)

Boxing- Men's +92kg Semifinals (Finalists will qualify for Paris 2024)

Shooting- Men's Trap Final (Gold medalist will secure a quota for their NOC at Paris 2024, if already qualified it'll get reallocated to the next highest ranked athlete)

Shooting- Women's Trap Final (Gold medalist will secure a quota for their NOC at Paris 2024, if already qualified it'll get reallocated to the next highest ranked athlete)

Shooting- Men's 25m Rapid Fire Pistol Final (Gold medalist will secure a quota for their NOC at Paris 2024, if already qualified it'll get reallocated to the next highest ranked athlete)

Day 10

Canoe Sprint- Women's Kayak Final (Gold medalist will secure a quota for their NOC at Paris 2024)

Canoe Sprint- Men's Kayak Final (Gold medalist will secure a quota for their NOC at Paris 2024)

Modern Pentathlon- Women's Shoot & Run (Top eight finishers will qualify for Paris 2024)

Modern Pentathlon- Men's Shoot & Run (Top eight finishers will qualify for Paris 2024)

Day 11

Canoe Sprint- Women's Canoe Final (Gold medalist will secure a quota for their NOC at Paris 2024)

Canoe Sprint- Men's Canoe Final (Gold medalist will secure a quota for their NOC at Paris 2024)

Edited by Josh