website statistics

European Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 minute ago, Grassmarket said:

I was watching Olympic eSports Chess at the weekend.  It was deeply weird.  Fair enough, they started with a global tournament for 10,000 players over the internet.  Then out of all those they brought 10 people to play in person in :SGP.  Obviously a nice reward for them.  And then they sat them down in front of thousands of dollars worth of computer equipment to play a game of chess, although they were both literally in the same room and indeed at the same table.  :roflmao:

If chess were to be included in the Olympics, I’d suggest a tournament in the classic format with 16 players per gender. It would be a full round robin lasting the duration of the Games.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

19 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Crazy raining in Poland actually, I haven't idea if the skeet events could be done or if we'll have a delay 

12 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

It was much worse in San Salvador last night, and they were still holding events, so I guess it should be fine :dunno:

unless there's risk of lightning, rain is not a factor by itself.

they can shoot without any problem (sure, it makes little sense in technical terms and there will be likely poor scores, but this is not an impeding to hold the finals right now).

11 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

They are on TVP Sport. Watching Bajor vs Samara bronze medal match right now ;)

Neither that nor ski jumping are on europeangames.tv :(

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela