website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

Just now, Werloc said:

Ah, that famous list that broke my computer down two times at least :d

MS-DOS couldn't handle it?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

MS-DOS couldn't handle it?

The page used to load more than 200 Youtube thumbnails at once, which had led to freezes and restarts, so I got what I needed out of that history once and never looked back since :lol:

If I am not mistaken, it's a bit more computer friendly nowadays.

1 hour ago, Werloc said:

The page used to load more than 200 Youtube thumbnails at once, which had led to freezes and restarts, so I got what I needed out of that history once and never looked back since :lol:

If I am not mistaken, it's a bit more computer friendly nowadays.

That was on the TISC history thread :d

I intend to create a new TISC history thread to replace the old one which was created just as quick bridge to make sure the TISC history from the old forum wouldn't be lost.

Within Temptation - Mother Earth was in 2014 already, I'm on Totallympics for five years :yikes: I didn't know it was that long :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Within Temptation - Mother Earth was in 2014 already, I'm on Totallympics for five years :yikes: I didn't know it was that long :d 

Yup, time runs fast. We've already had 13 TISCS if I'm not mistaken and I've spent a third of my life at Totallympics since I joined before I was even 18 :d There was once a Totallympics without TISC. Dark times. Dark times indeed.

-Announcement-

The Totallympics International Song Contest Jury representing the Kingdom of the Netherlands has decided to withdraw from hosting the 2020 Totallympics Annual International Song Contest. After the incredible success at the recent 2019 Totallympics Open Internatonal Song Contest, which was won by the Kingdom of the Netherlands, a situation arose where said Kingdom found itself in the possession of the hosting rights for both the 2020 Totallympics Annual International Song Contest and the 2020 Totallympics Open International Song Contest. This led to an unfortunate situation  where tens of thousands of people have taken to the streets in order to press for one of the two sets of hosting rights to be stripped away. To illustrate, the Totallympics International Song Contest Jury representing the Kingdom of the Netherlands has added some material about said protests, which you'll find attached in the spoiler following this paragraph.

Spoiler

5c79aadde4b06c96e32fa35a_1450955028646-c

ALGERIA-PROTESTS-1794000.webp?r=15532778

The Totallympics International Song Contest Jury representing the Kingdom of the Netherlands is made up of god-fearing people. As one can see in one of the added pieces above, there is a male human figure with a rather scary looking beard. Also, when one takes a close look, one can see a person smoking a cigarette. Since beard-wearing - and possibly omnipotent and divine - figures possess a certain kind of danger, and the Jury does not want a cancer-bringing cigarette smoker getting too close, the Jury has decided to step down from hosting the 2020 Totallympics Annual International Song Contest. Those hosting rights were awarded after the winner of the 2019 Totallympics Annual International Song Contest declined hosting a Totallympics International Song Contest for a record 498th time, while the hosting rights for the 2020 Totallympics Open International Song Contest were actually earned by the Totallympics International Song Contest Jury representing the Kingdom of the Netherlands by virtue of winning the 2019 Totallympics Open International Song Contest.

The Jury hopes this will settle down the unrest and bring back peace.

-End of announcement-