website statistics

ANOC World Beach Games 2023

Totallympics

On 11/18/2022 at 7:51 PM, Olympian1010 said:

Quotas for 3x3 Basketball.

Men - :MGL:JPN:CHN:USA:CHI:DOM:PUR:EGY:BEN:TUN:KEN:LTU:FRA:POL:ISR:INA

Women - :MGL:JPN:CHN:USA:CHI:DOM:VEN:EGY:UGA:TUN:KEN:LTU:FRA:NED:GER:INA

Basketball 3x3 has been dropped from the sports program over issues securing a venue according to ITG.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 5 weeks later...

You really have to feel for the athletes who trained for this event, went to the trouble of qualifying, and might not get many other chances to compete in an event like this. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

You really have to feel for the athletes who trained for this event, went to the trouble of qualifying, and might not get many other chances to compete in an event like this. 

I had a friend who went to Malaysia and Tunisia for the badminton qualifiers as an official, it was so heartbreaking the first thing he heard when he landed back in his own country is the fact that all his hard work is now gone.

I thought this was another Israeli-related problem, but the Indonesian NOC actually did not file the budget to the Ministry of Finance (an official from high position in the ministry confirmed this). What the heck were they doing since 2022? I am baffled...