website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2024

Totallympics

That's the flip side of having so many teams play at the Euro. It's no longer an exclusive party for Western democracies. However Germany should be aware they are the Turkey's second home to begin with? This inappropriate behaviour is simply reality. What does Germany's internal affairs minister say about all those Turks actually living in Germany? :p

15 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

That's the flip side of having so many teams play at the Euro. It's no longer an exclusive party for Western democracies. However Germany should be aware they are the Turkey's second home to begin with? This inappropriate behaviour is simply reality. What does Germany's internal affairs minister say about all those Turks actually living in Germany? :p

That gesture is actually banned in some other European countries like France and Austria from what I am reading.

It's too bad Bulgaria hasn't qualified for anything since 2004. They are the only ones of our 4 neighbours who don't act like this.

Also I think there is definitely a rise in this type of extreme nationalism. Maybe we aren't used to seeing Albania on the global stage but I remember Turkey making the semifinals of the 2002 World Cup and Euro 2008 and don't recall any behaviours like this back then.

Demiral was also one of the players who had that controversial military salute a few years ago...

Armenia and Kurds saying negative things about Turkey? That's brand new information!

Like I've said, this is a by-product of letting more teams into the Euro finals. Majority of the Balkans and Turkey has a much easier way to qualify now and of course they are nationalistic nations so you know what you get. England might change the St. George's cross to purple colors and nobody cares after like five days but it's not that simple with some other nations who have long been ignored on the global stage. This is their time to shine and they will full advantage of that.

QF referees:

:ENG Anthony Taylor - :ESP vs :GER

:ENG Michael Oliver - :FRA vs :POR

:ITA Daniele Orsato - :ENG vs :SUI

:FRA Clement Turpin - :NED vs :TUR

This probably means Vincic and Marciniak are heavy favorites for the semi-finals but I'm unsure who gets the final unless Orsato gets his 5th match of the tournament. Soares Dias is my dark outsider if Portugal doesn't make it.

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

QF referees:

:ENG Anthony Taylor - :ESP vs :GER

:ENG Michael Oliver - :FRA vs :POR

:ITA Daniele Orsato - :ENG vs :SUI

:FRA Clement Turpin - :NED vs :TUR

This probably means Vincic and Marciniak are heavy favorites for the semi-finals but I'm unsure who gets the final unless Orsato gets his 5th match of the tournament. Soares Dias is my dark outsider if Portugal doesn't make it.

I guess Orsato has the biggest chance for the final especially Italy is eliminated. I don't think Marciniak or Vincic are better at this moment, but who knows. My prediction is Orsato.