website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2024

Totallympics

6 hours ago, Monzanator said:

:POL beat :WAL in PSO after a goalless draw. It's truly laughable how easy it is to qualify for the Euros these days and how badly we have played in the last 12 months :p

They should increase the number of teams to 32, then all of Europe will be playing :P For example, in 1992. 8 teams played at Euro in Sweden, of which 1 qualification was for the host... At that time it was more difficult to advance to the European Championship than now to the 1/4 of Euro :)

10 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Szczesny was the hero again for Poland , Wales defeated Ukraine in 2022 WC qualifications with the same way Poland defeated them yesterday 

For me personally Poland have much better squad than Wales. In Wales arent`t the individuality that Gareth Bale in past time. Ukraine is currently on an upward trend - they put a lot of pressure on the Italians in the qualifying group.

Edited by copravolley

59 minutes ago, copravolley said:

For me personally Poland have much better squad than Wales. In Wales arent`t the individuality that Gareth Bale in past time. Ukraine is currently on an upward trend - they put a lot of pressure on the Italians in the qualifying group.

i don't see much difference between Wales and Poland Squads , Wales has a premier league team players . i saw highlights of the match and Wales was definitely the better side , Szczesny saved them a lot . in 2022 WC qualification Ukraine played Wales also and they were much better side , but Hennessey made one of his best ever performances and kept Wales alive in this game that's what i meant 

Ukraine deserved this qualification and since last Euros they are performing well yes  

22 hours ago, Monzanator said:

:POL beat :WAL in PSO after a goalless draw. It's truly laughable how easy it is to qualify for the Euros these days and how badly we have played in the last 12 months :p

Maybe for you guys it is laughable, you were in an easy group and struggled so much, and even against Wales did not have a shot on goal the entire 120 minutes and still qualified.

For us we were in the toughest group, fought very hard in two games against France and one game against the Netherlands, won all games against the other teams, won our Nations League group, beat Kazakhstan 5-0 on Thursday, and had one poor game at Georgia where even though we didn't concede a goal, we could not score, and lost on penalties, and will not be at the Euros...

So it's all about perspective, you think it is easy but for us it is not easy.

The sad thing is we qualified for three consecutive Euros (2004, 2008, 2012) and made the quarterfinals or better in two of those, then they increased the amount of teams to 24 for the next three (2016, 2020, 2024) and we did not manage to qualify for any of them!

2016 was probably the worst as we were in a joke group and most of our Starting 11 played in the Champions League at that time and we've been in a massive slump ever since. On paper, there simply are not 24 teams better than us even if now we do not have as good players as we used to, we still should be qualifying for these tournaments, it's really a shame.

I also had tickets for Euro 2024 but I guess it is time to resell. Another tournament watching from the couch...

@MakedonasThis is like a dead cat bounce for Poland anyway. Szczęsny said he will retire from NT after Euro 2024 and everyone expected Lewandowski would follow if he failed to qualify. This basically means those plans are postponed by three months. I don't expect we can do anything at the Euros except park the bus and hope for a miracle draw vs Austria or maybe Holland we've played frequently in recent times.

People will probably laugh, but If I can bet on someone to be the real surprise of this euro I will definitely put my leaky penny on Austria.

Mark my words. 28th March 2024 :p

I saw them and what they did against us last week, yeah, I know, it was only Slovakia, but still it was one dominant effort I do not remember for a long time, seriously I did not see such play even from :POR in both our qualifying games, They were just superb and ate us alive in every sample of game, only a miracle helped us to finish 0-2.

And last night they even demolished :TUR 6-1 (and still played without injured duo Alaba, Arnautovic)

They have a bunch of very very good players and they play like a hell of a team. One solid group led by a great calm and competent coach. I was and am seriously impressed by what they offered on the pitch.

and by that I repeat, I wouldn´t be surprised at all if Austria shocks the world this summer and maybe goes all the way to even who knows...medal fights