website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2024

Totallympics

Just now, OlympicIRL said:

Congrats Spain, best team all tournament :)

On a very important note though, football needs to find a new anthem to replace Freed From Desire already :d

how is that a football anthem song ? i would of never guessed that 

England don`t have a winning mentality in football and I`m writing this from the perspective of 30 years, not just today's match. In turn, Spain, since the beginning of the 21st century, has undergone a real metamorphosis from an eternally unfulfilled team into real killers who win every final they enter (both national and club: Real, Barcelona, Sevilla, Atletico, etc.). I don't remember in the 21st century when Spain/a club from Spain lost a grand final: World Championship, European Championship, Champions League, Uefa/Europe League, etc. (they lost the Confederations Cup in 2013 to Brazil and the Olympic Games in 2021 + 2-3? clubs Super Cups but these are smaller tournaments).

I remember that when I started watching national football in the 1990s, no one took Spain seriously. You could say that it was a meme team with a motto that stuck with them: "We play like never before. We lose like always." The metamorphosis they have undergone since the beginning of the 21st century is incredible.

10 minutes ago, copravolley said:

I remember that when I started watching national football in the 1990s, no one took Spain seriously. You could say that it was a meme team with a motto that stuck with them: "We play like never before. We lose like always." The metamorphosis they have undergone since the beginning of the 21st century is incredible.

and this is because of 2 reasons:

1. Because of their youth football development (they have 9 medals in euro-21 from 90s to today, far ahead from any other team)
2. They developed the best national championship from 2000s and beyond