website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2024

Totallympics

8 minutes ago, hckošice said:

19 Yellow and 2 Red Cards. Absolute world record ? Oh my dear lord :lol:

Valentin Ivanov, 18 years ago on the Portugal - Holland WC 1/8 is still more legendary. It was again in Germany :p

This format is the worst. England and Portugal pretty much helped Slovenia and Georgia to qualify by not even trying in the final round. I mean, kudos to them, but we got fucked by the draw. The current Hungarian team isn't great but even we would have beaten this b-team from Portugal and maybe even England under these circumstances (as we did in the NL). Please, expand the Euros to 32 countries already and abandon this "third placed teams qualify" nonsense. 

Anyway, the real tournament starts now and the top teams will actually give a shit from now. I doubt that we will see many upsets from now on. This is what I am expecting:

QFs:

:ESP v :GER (might be the early final)

:POR v :FRA 

:NED v :AUT

:ENG v :SUI 

SFs:

:GER v :FRA

:NED v :ENG

Final

:GER v :ENG

And as is the ongoing Euros tradition, the host nation loses the final. :d

EURO 2004 final: :POR loses against :GRE

EURO 2016 final: :FRA loses against :POR

EURO 2020 final: :ENG loses against :ITA

EURO 2024 final: :GER loses against :ENG 

I mean, at some point England will inevitably pull off a win with their awful, but mostly effective anti-football. It might as well happen this time as they once again won't face a true opponent until the final. 

23 minutes ago, Vektor said:

This format is the worst. England and Portugal pretty much helped Slovenia and Georgia to qualify by not even trying in the final round. I mean, kudos to them, but we got fucked by the draw. The current Hungarian team isn't great but even we would have beaten this b-team from Portugal and maybe even England under these circumstances (as we did in the NL). Please, expand the Euros to 32 countries already and abandon this "third placed teams qualify" nonsense. 

Anyway, the real tournament starts now and the top teams will actually give a shit from now. I doubt that we will see many upsets from now on. This is what I am expecting:

QFs:

SFs:

Final

I mean, at some point England will inevitably pull off a win with their awful, but mostly effective anti-football. It might as well happen this time as they once again won't face a true opponent until the final. 

I hope that Italy will win against Switzerland and will be classic Italy-England in 1/4. With our current form, of course, we will not be the favorite but we have a very favorable record against England at the last major tournaments.

Edited by copravolley

England have won 2 out of their last 8 games. I don't think anyone should be accusing us of not trying. We're just not very good at the moment.

The draw looks very lopsided. Top half seems much stronger. Any of the teams in the bottom half should fancy their chances of getting the final.

7 hours ago, Vektor said:

QFs:

SFs:

Final

Yes this format with the best teams from 3rd place is everytime the worst. There is double advantage of weaker group.

Moreover for me, it does not have sensei, that last matches in same group is needed to play at same time when more important is comparing teams between groups at 3rd places.

Euro should be with 16 teams. World Cup with 32 teams. I would prefer this one more despite that Czech will not qualify

8 hours ago, Vektor said:

QFs:

SFs:

Final

Portugal lost because they wanted Slovenia in Round of 16, they knew what they doing.