website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing at the Nordic Skiing FIS World Championships 2019

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

Hauke's Instagram profile is private. I wonder if that was changed yesterday?

Meanwhile on Tammjarv's Instagram...

Screenshot_20190228-212446_Instagram.jpg

What

kdEkgtM.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

At least this way Hauke goes to prison in top shape.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 hours ago, Kirkpatrick said:

I do get wada, fis, everything else sports related to ban, fine or suspend athletes, but what is actually illegal about doping? I mean, in the sense where the police is involved, and one is arrested and have charges brought upon them? Are they using illegal drugs, or one just can't get homemade blood transfusion...?

Because basically it's fraud. You're 'stealing' results (and so, money) from other athletes. Some Wall Street broker engaging in fraud doesn't necessarily physically hurt someone, he does make money by screwing the whole thing.

13 ore fa, Kirkpatrick ha scritto:

I do get wada, fis, everything else sports related to ban, fine or suspend athletes, but what is actually illegal about doping? I mean, in the sense where the police is involved, and one is arrested and have charges brought upon them? Are they using illegal drugs, or one just can't get homemade blood transfusion...?

In Italy there's a specific law about doping crime, with many profiles of illegality...

the main one for the athletes is of course the fraud they put on when they false the results of sports competitions by alterating their performance through illegal drugs, but there are a few others...

they could be charged with misdemeanor of unauthorized/uncertified playing of the role of the medical profession if they get caught for auto-emotransfusion or helping someone else doing that...

p.s. in Italy even the use of the Hypo-Baric Room is forbidden by law (meanwhile for WADA and IOC it's perfectly legal)...

then there are the points about coaches and doctors, who normally are charged with things like abuse of their role and professional tasks and/or injection of unauthorized/uncertified/not required medicines/theraphy and many others...

not to mention all the crimes related to the financial aspects of this thing (because normally you don't pay regular taxes and because of the way you get those medicines, as many of them are not freely available on the market here -they're just for medical use and available only at the hospital most of the times)...

Edited by phelps