website statistics

Men's Baseball WBSC World Baseball Classic 2023

Totallympics

horrific performance by Cuba and Chinese Taipei.

Cuban hitters looked still completely asleep (Noon start doesn't help for sure).

the Host team was just awful in every aspect of the game...pitchers that can't throw a strike in a bath tub and hitters swinging at mosquitos...:facepalm:

very curious to watch the Italian team's debut Tomorrow...if the Cuban hitters don't wake up all of a sudden, I think we could even pull out a miracle against them, like the Oranjes did Today.

5 hours ago, owenp_23 said:

After 4 hours of baseball :PAN secures the win, 12-5.

p.s. pitch after pitch, I started to re-evaluate my opinion on the pitch clock...please, bring it to the International Baseball, too :yikes: :facepalm:

I added to that to see what reaction it would get. I didn't expect you to leave my side though.:(

There were 27 hits, 11 walks, and 5 pitching changes during an inning which caused the game to run on, but sometimes baseball games last a while.

:DOM thrash the Atlanta Braves (who had two Dominicans on their own squad) 9-0.

DR got home runs from old heads like Robinson Cano and Nelson Cruz but also 21 year-old Jeremy Celedonio (Braves prospect) sent one yard.

Starter Cristian Javier went 2.2 innings striking out one while giving up three hits.

Roansy Contreras threw 3 in relief with 4 Ks.

7 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Crazy performance by Panama

They looked good with the bat last night. I feel like they’re in better form than some of the more fancied teams at the moment (given this win and their warm-up matches). 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Fun fact: Dutch pitcher, Shairon Martis, is the only player in WBC history to throw a no-hitter (not allowing any hits in a game) which he did against Panama back in 2006. Today, Panama and the Netherlands meet again for the first time since then and the starting pitcher for the Netherlands today is, you guessed it, Shairon Martis 

Lot of other stuff to look forward to today. Korea vs. Australia could be the match that decides 3rd place in Pool B, Shohei Ohtani makes his first start, Matt Harvey starts for Italy, and Cuba needs to win tonight or they'll be in serious trouble