website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

What an amazing Olympics for Canada.  When our soccer girls scored 20 seconds into their first game even before the Games started, I think it was foreshadowing for the next two weeks.  I'll never forget watching the relay team the first night, with my heart in my throat as Penny charged down the lane for bronze.  It was a surprise that created a new normal for Canada not just in the pool, but in many other events in Rio as well.  The next four years will be delightful, watching so many young Canadians develop into legitimate superstars.  

Honestly couldn't have asked for anything more these last 2 weeks.  Thank you Canadian athletes!  And now on to Pyeongchang 2018.  I hope to actually be there, it should work out.  

I'll be in Pearson tomorrow, but probably much earlier than any Olympians will be arriving back.  Should have thought about that before a booked my ticket!  

22 minutes ago, james89 said:

Are you talking about athletes or posters? Both, lol?

Both lol.

Also Benefito is sticking it out till 2020 apparently. Fillion was the one injured, so maybe with some time off she will come back for Tokyo. They have what it takes to win the silver (or even gold)

I don't plan on leaving this site, lol. 

Also, am I the only one impressed at Tricia Smith? She came into the COC at a difficult time and to me has been a present and likeable figure. I think that she understands the support the Canadian athletes need and I am excited to see our athletes flourish in 2020 but first 2018.

After Canada's performance in Rio, our women's soccer team has risen to 4th FIFA's rankings.  Their point gain is the highest in women's soccer history!  

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/soccer/canadian-womens-soccer-team-nabs-highest-ever-world-ranking-after-defending-olympic-bronze-medal-in-rio