website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

3 hours ago, intoronto said:

So far we have had 10! fourth (or fifth in combat) sport finishes.

Rose + Caeli Mckay less than point away from bronze in their events after suffering a badly sprained ankle. Couldn't ask for more.

4 NR's in swimming (100m free, 400m free, 4x200 relay and 4x100 m relay men). They did their best and really no room for improvement at the time.

Caroline Veyre gave it her all and won some points, she wasn't expected to beat her Italian opponent anyways. 

Shady El Nahas fought hard in the bronze medal match against 2 time defending WC Fonseca of Portugal

Kai Langerfeld and Conlin McCabe had a great pairs race, and werent' expected to medal, so their medal was remarkable.

The only one that is hard to take is Arthur Margelidon's performance. He made a small mistake costing him the medal

Yea, I would have liked more medals, but the end of the day these are ALL remarkable performances, which we should ultimately be happy with 

Totally agree.  They did very good. 

3 hours ago, intoronto said:

So far we have had 10! fourth (or fifth in combat) sport finishes.

Rose + Caeli Mckay less than point away from bronze in their events after suffering a badly sprained ankle. Couldn't ask for more.

4 NR's in swimming (100m free, 400m free, 4x200 relay and 4x100 m relay men). They did their best and really no room for improvement at the time.

Caroline Veyre gave it her all and won some points, she wasn't expected to beat her Italian opponent anyways. 

Shady El Nahas fought hard in the bronze medal match against 2 time defending WC Fonseca of Portugal

Kai Langerfeld and Conlin McCabe had a great pairs race, and werent' expected to medal, so their medal was remarkable.

The only one that is hard to take is Arthur Margelidon's performance. He made a small mistake costing him the medal

Yea, I would have liked more medals, but the end of the day these are ALL remarkable performances, which we should ultimately be happy with 

I'd say the other 4th that hurt was 10m synchro diving.  They scored better than the Italians on every dive but one and were off the podium by half a point.  

2 hours ago, NearPup said:

“Six weeks ago I was told I was lucky to be alive, and when they made the team announcements I was literally limping out of the hospital with a broken collarbone,” she said. “I just can’t believe I’m here.”

Kasia Gruchalla-Wesierski is a legend.

Omg wow how amazing is this.