website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2022 - 2023

Totallympics

18 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Żuk actually said on TV she thinks the waxing was off but there's no excuse for being slower on skis than Sidorowicz :redcard:

''the waxing was off'' sounds like excuse making,she isn't norwegian,swedish,french,or German to get away with that.There seems to have been some hype about hr,but it hasn't manifested into anything,What's her best ever senior result ?

1 hour ago, Biathlonfan said:

''the waxing was off'' sounds like excuse making,she isn't norwegian,swedish,french,or German to get away with that.There seems to have been some hype about hr,but it hasn't manifested into anything,What's her best ever senior result ?

Yeah, she might have get away with that excuse until Sidorowicz beat her on skis. That is very bad result.

Żuk's PB is 6th place in Salt Lake City sprint in 2019 and 8th place in pursuit at the same event. She also had two other Top 10s in back-to-back sprints in Oberhof & Ruhpolding in 2020. 2019/20 was her best season when she finished 38th in overall standings. However in the last two seasons she had one Top 20 finish - 19th place in Oberhof sprint last year. Now without RUS & BLR she can't even get close to that.

There was a time everyone still pointed how she won 2 golds & one silver at the Junior World in 2018 where Marketa Davidova was her main rival (she won 1 gold & 1 silver) but the gap between these two is simply gargantuan four years later. Funnily enough at those WJC the likes of Jeanmonnot or Sophie Schneider couldn't even crack Top 10 and they are finally breaking through in much deeper national teams while Żuk was handed a WC spot on a silver plate and can't do anything for over two years now (her second best WCup overall finish is 60th place).

Damn, the ONE friday in the entire season where I can't watch biathlon, I miss one of the most exciting pursuits!

Seeing 2 Swedes 1st and 2nd and neither of them being an Öberg sister was surprising :d I mean, Persson being on the podium isn't a surprise, but Magnusson winning when her best result before today had been a 7th place was impressive!

And what can I say about Sophie Chauveau finishing 4th, and even being 2nd for a while in the last lap before losing some steam. I gotta say I teared up several times seeing her so happy and emotional and the entire French team congratulating her and being happy for her, and of course the public. What a moment :cry: