website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2022 - 2023

Totallympics

14 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I wonder off of what rules can Rastorgujevs just come back after a 1.5 year doping ban to start in the World Cup without racing in ibu cup for a WC qualification that is supposed to last a year max. :whistle:

Probably because of his 39 points in the IBU qualifying points list. One is removed from that list after five trimesters with no points scored. He obviously scored nothing in the previous season (= three trimesters), and the results in the two trimesters before those are changed to DQ's.

Only thing I can think of is that the qualifying points are somehow not taken away, at least not automatically. The races where his results are taken away have the qualifying reports now listed among 'invalidated reports', with him still in it:

https://ibu.blob.core.windows.net/docs/2021/BT/SWRL/CP08/SMSP/C74Q_v1.pdf

No idea how they've done the whole thing. You sure he'll compete in Kontiolahti?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Probably because of his 39 points in the IBU qualifying points list. One is removed from that list after five trimesters with no points scored. He obviously scored nothing in the previous season (= three trimesters), and the results in the two trimesters before those are changed to DQ's.

Only thing I can think of is that the qualifying points are somehow not taken away, at least not automatically. The races where his results are taken away have the qualifying reports now listed among 'invalidated reports', with him still in it:

https://ibu.blob.core.windows.net/docs/2021/BT/SWRL/CP08/SMSP/C74Q_v1.pdf

No idea how they've done the whole thing. You sure he'll compete in Kontiolahti?

Not only that, but even starting in the first group from the get go.

2 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Not only that, but even starting in the first group from the get go.

Me until right now: "How do you know that?"

Just realized it's tomorrow and of course the start list is out, we're about to start the season :hyper: 

Only thing I can think of is that those IBU points from the 2nd and 3rd trimesters of 2020/21 were not taken away and that way he's still high enough. That would be bullshit, but I can't think of another explanation.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Me until right now: "How do you know that?"

Just realized it's tomorrow and of course the start list is out, we're about to start the season :hyper: 

Only thing I can think of is that those IBU points from the 2nd and 3rd trimesters of 2020/21 were not taken away and that way he's still high enough. That would be bullshit, but I can't think of another explanation.

Yep, the start is tomorrow, but difficult to be excited when I'll be working during both sprints and the individual :(

It's good that I love my work, but still disappointed to miss the opening season race. 

@Werloc Just live in the US where every race is early in the morning.  You will not need to take time off of work to watch, but to sleep after :)  In all honesty, sorry that you are not going to be able to watch the races.

Edited by RobtheAggie

2 hours ago, Werloc said:

Yep, the start is tomorrow, but difficult to be excited when I'll be working during both sprints and the individual :(

It's good that I love my work, but still disappointed to miss the opening season race. 

For this I'm thinkful for the replay options of nowadays, as I'll probably watch delayed as well :p 

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

For this I'm thinkful for the replay options of nowadays, as I'll probably watch delayed as well :p 

But you can't replay datacenter to see what the Lithuanians were doing, which targets they were missing, etc. :( 

Plus I'm 100% going to be spoiled by Facebook, Instagram and my friend :p 

6 minutes ago, Werloc said:

But you can't replay datacenter to see what the Lithuanians were doing, which targets they were missing, etc. :( 

Plus I'm 100% going to be spoiled by Facebook, Instagram and my friend :p 

Yeah, following those that aren't on TV is an issue, I feel you there :p

Usually for that I use the Datacenter semi-replay function to at least see the splits one by one.