website statistics

Team Ireland - Paris 2024 Qualification Tracker Road to Paris 2024

3 hours ago, dodge said:

What have we (Olympic Federation) left to confirm? 

The reallocations and the relay squads in Athletics

Any OCT invites (may not happen) in swimming

The golf team 

road cycling team

Think everything else is officially confirmed?

I think that’s pretty much it at this stage, can’t think of any others.

On 7/9/2024 at 8:10 AM, dodge said:

Irish swimming said yesterday that they haven’t received any invitation for 

On 7/9/2024 at 5:05 PM, OlympicIRL said:

I think that’s pretty much it at this stage, can’t think of any others.

Nothing more from Swim Ireland. John Kenny the swimming commentator doesn’t seem to understand the qualification process at all. Quality of sports journalism outside of Athletics for the Olympics is very underwhelming 

No. He’s awful. The people they get into the studio for swimming are good but Kenny is pathetic. He had “breaking news” about Wiffen doing the open water event today despite him “writing” about it for the RTE website the other day

I say writing, he just cut and paste the press release 

Athletics squad finalised. Apart from the individuals, the following have been selected for relays

Tom Barr

Chris O’Donnell

Phil Healy

Lauren Cadden

Kelly McGrory

Rachel McCann

So we’re at 132 not with 23 athletes

Jack Rafferty is travelling reserve 

1 hour ago, dodge said:

Athletics squad finalised. Apart from the individuals, the following have been selected for relays

Tom Barr

Chris O’Donnell

Phil Healy

Lauren Cadden

Kelly McGrory

Rachel McCann

So we’re at 132 not with 23 athletes

Jack Rafferty is travelling reserve 

Would i be right in thinking one or two of those wont get a run in Paris?

4 minutes ago, Oldira said:

Would i be right in thinking one or two of those wont get a run in Paris?

Possibly, though in my mind it speaks more to resting Adeleke and Mawdsley as much as possible - or even not running Adeleke at all.

If I were guessing, I'd say there's a genuine outside medal shout in the mixed, especially if other nations don't send out their best - in that scenario, if Ireland somehow get to the final with Adeleke, she could slot back in for a major go. There's no realistic chance of a medal in the Women's, so I can imagine Adeleke could skip that altogether, and Mawdsley could skip the heat and hope they sneak in eighth, come back in for the final. Adeleke's coach could try and pull her out of all relay action, we'll have to wait and see - but fundamentally, i suspect almost all of them will get at least a heat at some point.

It’ll be all about timing for the women’s. Hopefully Adeleke will be in the individual final but she’ll be the only one so women’s team should include Mawdsley for the heats 

My instinct is that mixed heat is Mawdsley and Becker. Adeleke replaces Becker if they make it

womens heat is Becker, Mawdsley, Healy and Cadden/McGrory. Adeleke comes in for the final if they make it