website statistics

Team Ireland - Paris 2024 Qualification Tracker Road to Paris 2024

Aidan Walsh does the business against 🇺🇦 to progress to the quarter finals, one fight away from an Olympic quota. There's 5 quotas available at 71kg so I presume box-offs between the losing quarter finalists to determine the last Olympic place

2 hours ago, duineeile said:

Aidan Walsh does the business against 🇺🇦 to progress to the quarter finals, one fight away from an Olympic quota. There's 5 quotas available at 71kg so I presume box-offs between the losing quarter finalists to determine the last Olympic place

That’s how the box off works. Indian guy failed a doping test so a new spot was freed up. Tough one again for Aidan coming up but he’s given himself a great chance 

2 hours ago, dodge said:

Indian guy failed a doping test so a new spot was freed up

No there was always 5 quotas for this tournament at 63.5 and 71kg. The Indian that got suspended was Parveen their W57kg boxer and that quota got reallocated to Turdibekova :UZB who was the boxer she had beaten to win that quota.

1 hour ago, dodge said:

Jaysus. I was way off there. Cheers

No worries, You should see some of my predictions. Literally the exact opposite of whatever I said has happened in a few brackets.

Also, meant to post this earlier this week but with the way swimming qualifications work we should get reallocated the W4*100 free relay before we have to select our squad and as such have 6 relay quotas to work with so if we are smart about it we should be able to select our entire Men's 4*100 medley squad and then just Grace Davison and Victoria Catterson for the womens relays. Mcsharry should be able to swim that 4*100 free and is much faster than Erin Riordan anyway so there shouldn't be any issues there and then we won't have to use Fannon in the mens medley relay or play some very risky game like not selecting Conor Ferguson and just assuming he gets an invitation based off his OCT.

That's a disappointing result for Cassidy, as he could possibly have been our best medal hope on the mens side had he made it. Up against a World medallist today, he hasn't had much luck with draws and losing 3-2 split decisions in all three qualification tournaments

Mari was always a long shot to be fair.

moorhouse won this morning. Fights Guatemala next 

Hopefully Aidan Walsh does the business later. He’s on about 9:45. I won’t get the result until much later myself